Confédération Mondiale des Sports de Boules
The CMSB – Confédération Mondiale des Sports de Boules – was created (on 21 December 1985 in Monaco) by three international boules organizations
- CBI Confederazione Boccistica Internazionale (bocce)
- FIB Fédération Internationale de Boules (Sport-boules)
- FIPJP Fédération Internationale de Pétanque et Jeu Provençal (pétanque and jeu provençal)
Boules and the CMSB were granted consideration for entry to the Olympic Games on 15 October, but have never been granted the status of an official Olympic sport. Nevertheless, every year the CMSB continues to re-present its application.
CMSB members also include World Bowls.
The CMSB is a sports federation recognized by the following confederations.
- International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Association of the IOC Recognised International Sports Federations (ARISF)
- SportAccord (GAISF)
- "IOC Reviews Sporting Programme for Future Games of the Olympiad". olympic.org. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- History of the FIPJP at the FIPJP web site.
- "Objects & Functions of World Bowls". World Bowls. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "SportAccord – Members". sportaccord.com. Retrieved 4 June 2012.