A conference hall, conference room, or meeting room is a room provided for singular events such as business conferences and meetings. It is commonly found at large hotels and convention centers though many other establishments, including even hospitals, have one. Sometimes other rooms are modified for large conferences such as arenas or concert halls. Aircraft have been fitted out with conference rooms. Conference rooms can be windowless for security purposes. An example of one such room is in the Pentagon, known as the Tank.
Sometimes the term 'conference hall' is used synonymously with 'conference center' as, for example, in 'Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall'.
Some meeting rooms come equipped with booking management software, depending on the needs of the company that owns them.
Typically a medium to large office or post-secondary educational facility has smaller meeting rooms often called a conference room or a huddle room.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2017)
Depending on the purpose of the meeting, conference rooms may be set up in various styles. Sometimes the furniture may even be moved easily before a meeting to accommodate the particular needs of each meeting. Commonly used styles include:
- Auditorium Style
- Banquet Style
- Hollow Square Style
- Classroom (each attendee have their own small desk space).
- Cinema (Like Classroom but without a desk)
- U-Shape Style
- Conference Style
- "Rahul who? Challenge on home turf", TAPAS CHAKRABORTY, The Telegraph, 16 February 2008
- "Air Force One INDIA", The Indian Express, Manu Pubby, February 17, 2008
- "How Bush Decided on the Surge", Fred Barnes, FrontPage Magazine, January 28, 2008
- "Albert Hall Conference Centre", Conferences-UK.org.uk, retrieved 17 February 2008
- "Bills to ban public smoking defeated", OLYMPIA MEOLA TIMES, February 15, 2008
- Conference & Event Services. "Meeting Room Set-ups and Styles". Carnegie Mellon University. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Conference hall.|