From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up confirm or confirmation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Confirmation is a Christian sacrament or rite of passage.
Confirmation may also refer to:
- Articles on confirmation in specific denominations:
- Bat Mitzvah, developed in the 19th Century from confirmation ceremonies for girls
- Confirmation of a presidential nominee by the United States Senate; see advice and consent
- Confirmation holism, the claim that a single scientific theory cannot be tested in isolation
- Confirmation theory, in the philosophy of science, an extension by Donald A. Gillies of Karl Popper's theory of corroboration
- "Confirmation" (composition), a bebop jazz music standard by Charlie Parker
- Confirmation (album), a 1982 album by Tommy Flanagan
- Tenure, at universities in Australia and New Zealand, referred to as confirmation
- Verificationism, adherence to the verification principle proposed by A.J. Ayer in Language, Truth and Logic
- Confirmation (film), is a movie being produced about Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas
"Confirm" might refer to:
- Conformation (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "confirm"
- All pages with titles containing confirm*
- Conformity (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Confirmation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.