The historic center of Conflans-Sainte-Honorine
Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Laurent Brosse|
|Area1||9.9 km2 (3.8 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,500/km2 (9,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||78172 /78700|
|Elevation||17–60 m (56–197 ft)
(avg. 25 m or 82 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Conflans-Sainte-Honorine is a commune in the Yvelines department in the Île-de-France region in north-central France. It is located in the north-western suburbs of Paris, 24.2 km (15.0 mi) from the center of Paris.
The commune was originally named for its geographic position at the confluence of the Seine and Oise rivers. The village was given the addition "Sainte Honorine" in the 13th century after the female Saint Honorina, whose relics had been stored there since 876.
Partly on account of its strategic position, Conflans-Sainte-Honorine is considered the capital of the French inland waterways, and the right bank of the River Seine is still lined with barges (although these are now used mainly as houseboats). Every year in June, the town celebrates the "Pardon national de la batellerie" in remembrance of its former importance to inland shipping.
- École élémentaire Chennevières
- École élémentaire Clos-d’en-Haut
- École élémentaire Côtes-Reverses
- École élémentaire Gaston-Rousset
- École élémentaire Grandes-Terres
- École élémentaire Henri-Dunant
- École élémentaire Paul-Bert
The médiathèque Blaise-Cendrars has digital documents and multimedia services.
Parks and recreation
Centre aquatique de Conflans has the town's pool.
- Samuel Coco-Viloin, athlete
- Michel Rocard, former French prime minister (1988-1991), Socialist party, former mayor of Conflans (1977-1994)
- Jean-Paul Huchon, president of the regional council for Île-de-France,Socialist party, former mayor of Conflans (1994-2001)
- Nicolas Roche, Irish professional cyclist, was born here in 1984
- Charb, French satirical caricaturist and journalist was born in Conflans.
- Nicolas Szerszen, volleyball player at Ohio State University. AVCA national Player of the Year (2016). NCAA tournament Most Outstanding Player (2017).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Conflans-Sainte-Honorine.|
|This Yvelines geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|