|Designer(s)||William David Volk|
|Platform(s)||Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Commodore PET, TRS-80|
Conflict 2500 is video game published by Avalon Hill in 1981 for the Apple II, Atari 8-bit family, Commodore PET, and TRS-80. Conflict 2500 is a game in which the player's band of warships, supported by a network of planetary and free bases, must seek out and destroy invading berserkers moving invisibly.
The game was designed by William David Volk. Volk says that at the time he was a fan of the animated series Star Blazers and borrowed themes from the show for Conflict 2500. Volk also explained that he had played the Startrek game and wanted a more complex version of that game.
- "Conflict 2500 Manual". archive.org. Avalon Hill.
- Mishcon, Jon (November 1981). "Capsule Reviews". The Space Gamer. Steve Jackson Games (45): 33.
- "William Volk | HuffPost". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "Conflict 2500". Elis' Software Encyclopedia. Elis' Software Encyclopedia. Retrieved 5 December 2014.
- "Playing Catch Up: Conflict 2500's William Volk". Gamasutra. 2007-04-19. Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "The Interview: William D. Volk". Obsoletegamer.com. Retrieved 2018-05-31.