Congenital hemolytic anemia
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Congenital hemolytic anemia|
|Classification and external resources|
Basically classified by causative mechanism, types of congenital hemolytic anemia include:
- Genetic conditions of RBC Membrane
- Genetic conditions of RBC metabolism (enzyme defects). This group is sometimes called congenital nonspherocytic (hemolytic) anemia, which is a term for a congenital hemolytic anemia without spherocytosis, and usually excluding hemoglobin abdormalities as well, but rather encompassing defects of glycolysis in the erythrocyte.
- Hemoglobinopathies/genetic conditions of hemoglobin
- Rahman SA, Jamal CY (June 2002). "Congenital hemolytic anemia in Bangladesh: types and clinical manifestations". Indian Pediatr. 39 (6): 574–7. PMID 12084953.
- medconditions.net > Hemolytic Congenital, Nonspherocytic Anemia Definition Retrieved April 15, 2011
- Shah A (November 2004). "Hemoglobinopathies and other congenital hemolytic anemia". Indian J Med Sci. 58 (11): 490–3. PMID 15567909.