Congress Hall (Warsaw)
The Congress Hall (Polish: Sala Kongresowa) is a 2,880-seat theatre at the Palace of Culture and Science in Warsaw, Poland. It was opened in 1955 as the location of Polish United Workers' Party congresses.
The hall was closed for approximately 2 years from July 2014 for renovations, modernisation and improvements for fire safety before re-opening in 2016. The initial cost estimate was 45 million złoty.
Music performances and festivals
Past performances have included shows by Marlene Dietrich (1964 and 1966), King Crimson, Procol Harum, Pat Metheny, The Rolling Stones (1967), Paul Anka, Charles Aznavour, Juliette Gréco, Lou Reed, Keith Jarrett, Joe Cocker, Leonard Cohen (1985), Diana Krall, and Yes. More recent musical performances have included Tangerine Dream (in 1997), Patti Smith (in 2002), Kraftwerk (in 2004), Dead Can Dance (2005), Mieskuoro Huutajat (2007) and Katie Melua (2014).
The theatre has hosted closed-congresses of companies such as Microsoft, Nationale Nederlanden, Commercial Union, and Zepter International. In 2006, the theatre hosted the finals of the Miss World 2006 beauty pageant.
- yelp - Congress Hall in the Palace of culture and science
- "Kongresowa.pl - Sala Kongresowa information". Archived from the original on 2014-05-29. Retrieved 2014-06-17.
- "Warszawa: Sala Kongresowa znika z mapy stołecznych atrakcji" [Warsaw: Congress Hall disappeared from the map of the capital's attractions]. Polskie Radio (in Polish). Warsaw: Polskie Radio. 2014-07-13. Retrieved 2014-09-11.
Repair of the Congress is to last more than two years. Its cost is estimated at 45 million zł. Part of the cost is to be recovered, however, because it is planned to auction the red seats - the most well-known element of the decor of the room.
- Discogs - Sea of Dreams, (Disk 6: 1988 - 1997) unofficial release 6-CD compilation 1997
- last.fm - Patti Smith at Sala Kongresowa
- setlist.fm - Patti Smith at Sala Kongresowa, Warsaw on August 10, 2002 setlist
- Dicsogs - Exorcism in the Palace (Sala Kongresowa - 31.03.2005) unofficial release 2-CD 2004 Poland
- "Finał Miss World 2006 w Sali Kongresowej" (retrieved June 18, 2014)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Congress_Hall, Warsaw.|
Crown of Beauty Theatre
| Miss World Venue
Crown of Beauty Theatre
|This European theatre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Warsaw is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|