Conker's Pocket Tales
|Conker's Pocket Tales|
North American box art
Conker's Pocket Tales is an action video game developed and published by Rare Ltd. and released on June 8, 1999 for the Game Boy Color. The cartridge is dual-format, allowing it to also run on the original Game Boy with some gameplay differences. The game is the first to star Conker the Squirrel after he initially appeared as a playable character in Diddy Kong Racing for the Nintendo 64. Unlike Conker's Bad Fur Day and Conker: Live & Reloaded, which were aimed at adult audiences, Conker's Pocket Tales is lighthearted and family friendly, designed to appeal to a general audience. It is also the only family friendly game of the Conker series (excluding crossovers).
Conker has the ability to use a slingshot to defeat enemies; before obtaining the slingshot, he can punch. Conker can walk, run, and jump. When in the air, he can also use a ground-pounding attack that can hit buttons to solve puzzles. Puzzles are also solved by pushing blocks into grooves in the floor.
The game is unique in that it can be played on both Game Boy and Game Boy Color; however, the layout and some events in the game are different depending on the console it is played on. The game can be paused and saved anywhere when played on a Game Boy Color or later model, but when played on a non-color Game Boy can only be saved at specific save points.
Conker celebrates his birthday, but the Evil Acorn steals his presents and kidnaps Berri, his girlfriend. Conker's goal is to retrieve the presents and rescue Berri.
- PocketIGN (3 November 1999). "Conker's Pocket Tales".
- "Conker's Pocket Tales for Game Boy Color". GameRankings. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- Scott Alan Marriott. "Conker's Pocket Tales - Overview". Allgame. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- Reiner, Andrew (29 October 1999). "Conker's Pocket Tales - Game Boy Color". Game Informer. Archived from the original on 25 October 2000. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Cleveland, Adam (4 February 2000). "Conker's Pocket Tales". IGN. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Conker's Pocket Tales". Nintendo Power 121: 112. June 1999.
|This Rare-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|