Conker's Pocket Tales
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Conker's Pocket Tales|
Game Boy Color
Conker's Pocket Tales is a platform video game developed and published by Rare and released on June 8, 1999 for the Game Boy Color. The cartridge is dual-format, allowing it to also run on the original Game Boy with some gameplay differences. The game is the first in a series to star Conker the Squirrel after he initially appeared as a playable character in Diddy Kong Racing for the Nintendo 64. It is the only one to feature Conker in a lighthearted and family friendly game, whereas his later games (Conker's Bad Fur Day and Conker: Live & Reloaded) would contrastingly be adult-oriented.
Conker has the ability to use a slingshot to defeat enemies. Conker can walk, run, and jump. When in the air, he can also use a ground-pounding attack that can hit buttons to solve puzzles. Puzzles are also solved by pushing blocks into grooves in the floor.
The game can be played on both Game Boy and Game Boy Color; however, the layout and some events in the game are different depending on the console it is played on. The game can be paused and saved anywhere when played on a Game Boy Color or later model, but when played on a non-color Game Boy can only be saved at specific save points.
There is an Easter egg in the game where if Conker sits still for more than 10 seconds, he will sit down and the Donkey Kong Country theme song can be heard faintly in the background.
Conker celebrates his birthday, but the Evil Acorn steals his presents and kidnaps Berri, his girlfriend. Conker's goal is to retrieve the presents and rescue Berri.
- PocketIGN (3 November 1999). "Conker's Pocket Tales". Archived from the original on 3 November 1999.
- "Conker's Pocket Tales for Game Boy Color". GameRankings. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- Scott Alan Marriott. "Conker's Pocket Tales - Overview". Allgame. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- Reiner, Andrew (29 October 1999). "Conker's Pocket Tales - Game Boy Color". Game Informer. Archived from the original on 25 October 2000. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Cleveland, Adam (4 February 2000). "Conker's Pocket Tales". IGN. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Conker's Pocket Tales". Nintendo Power. 121: 112. June 1999.