Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
|Environmental protection overview|
|Formed||July 1, 2011|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Connecticut|
|Headquarters||79 Elm Street Hartford, Connecticut 06106-5127|
|Deputy Ministers responsible||
Connecticut's Department of Energy and Environmental Protection is a state agency of Connecticut. The department oversees the natural resources and environment of the state, as well as regulating public utilities and energy policy. It is headquartered in Hartford.
The agency was created on July 1, 2011, by the merging of two other state agencies, the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection and the Connecticut Department of Public Utility Control. Daniel C. Esty was appointed as commissioner of the DEEP upon its creation in July, 2011. Rob Klee has served as Interim Commissioner of the Department since January, 2014.
- "Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Launched". Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. July 1, 2011. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Official Connecticut DEEP Hunting Regulations
- Official Connecticut DEEP Inland & Marine Fishing Regulations
- Connecticut State Environmental Conservation Police
|This Connecticut-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|