|Full name||AC Connecticut|
|Stadium||Westside Athletic Complex
|Majority Owner||Peter D'Amico|
|General Manager||Robin Schuppert|
|League||Premier Development League|
|2016||6th, Northeast Division
AC Connecticut FC is an American amateur soccer team based in Newtown, Connecticut, playing in the Northeast Division of the USL Premier Development League (PDL), the fourth tier of the American soccer pyramid. The team colors are blue, black and white.
CFC Azul was founded as a USL PDL team on December 21, 2011, and launched its inaugural season in 2012. The club is the pinnacle for a 70-plus youth team organization and is Connecticut's only professional organized soccer franchise. In its first season of play, CFC Azul finished mid-table tied for 4th place with fellow expansion team Worcester Hydra.
In 2013, CFC finished in 6th place with a record of 2 wins, 6 losses and 6 draws. In time for the start of the 2014 season, Peter D'Amico became the primary owner and managing partner of the Azul. Additionally, CFC teamed up with WXCI 91.7 FM to broadcast play-by-play of Azul's home games.
The team was originally scheduled to play their home games at Reese Stadium on the campus of Yale University. However, due to scheduling conflicts, CFC Azul ended playing their 2012 home games at various locations throughout Connecticut including Veterans Stadium in New Britain, CT. For the 2013 season, CFC Azul played their home games at Central Connecticut State University. CFC Azul signed a muti-year contract to play their games the Westside Athletic Complex at Western Connecticut State University.
|Year||Division||League||Reg. Season||Playoffs||Open Cup|
|2012||4||USL PDL||5th, Northeast||Did not qualify||Did not qualify|
|2013||4||USL PDL||6th, Northeast||Did not qualify||Did not qualify|
|2014||4||USL PDL||2nd, Northeast||Conference Semifinals||Did not qualify|
|2015||4||USL PDL||4th, Northeast||Did not qualify||1st Round|
|2016||4||USL PDL||6th, Northeast||Did not qualify||Did not qualify|
Players and Staff
As of June 15, 2015.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Notable former players
- Robin Schuppert - General Manager
- Shaun Bailey - Head Coach
- Alex Harrison - Assistant Coach
- Antony Howard - Assistant Coach
- Joe Mingachos - Assistant Coach
- Sean Weir - Fitness Coach
- Drew Esposito - Goalie Coach
- "Connecticut FC Azul Joins USL PDL". United Soccer Leagues (USL). 11 January 2012. Archived from the original on 20 October 2014. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "PDL 2013 standings". Archived from the original on 6 September 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "CFC Soccer to be based at Westconn". 7 July 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "WXCI 91.7 FM to broadcast Azul home games". 19 June 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- "AC Connecticut Unveils New Name, Logo". United Soccer Leagues (USL). September 5, 2014. Archived from the original on September 10, 2014. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "CFC AZUL CHANGES NAME TO A.C. CONNECTICUT". AC Connecticut. September 5, 2014. Retrieved September 8, 2014.
- "Azul, WCSU Reach Agreement". United Soccer Leagues (USL). March 18, 2014. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "AC Connecticut - Men's PDL". Retrieved 15 June 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-31. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 31, 2012. Retrieved March 27, 2012.