Connecticut General Life Insurance Company Headquarters
|Location||900 Cottage Grove Rd., Bloomfield, Connecticut|
|NRHP Reference #||09000324|
|Added to NRHP||January 27, 2010|
The Connecticut General Life Insurance Company Headquarters is a historic commercial office complex at 900 Cottage Grove Road in Bloomfield, Connecticut. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on January 27, 2010.
The building was designed by Skidmore, Owings and Merrill, on a 280-acre (110 ha) campus, and was completed in 1957. According to the architecture firm, "The bucolic site, campus-like plan, and extensive amenities, including a full service cafeteria and after-hours programs, reflected a desire to offer a highly civilized and satisfying office environment to Connecticut General employees. The building set new standards for flexible space planning, efficiency of operation, economy of construction methods, maintenance programs, and planning for future expansion." The project won various architectural and landscape awards.
- Phoenix Mutual Life Insurance Building, NRHP-listed in Hartford
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Hartford County, Connecticut
- "NRHP listings weekly announcement of February 5, 2010".
- "Connecticut General Life Insurance Company Headquarters". Skidmore Owings Merrill.
- Connecticut General Life Insurance Company Headquarters, at Skidmore, Owings and Merrill, includes image gallery
|This article about a property in Connecticut on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|