|Founded||1 October 2009|
Connectify is an American software company that develops networking software for consumers, professionals and companies. Connectify Hotspot is a virtual router software for Microsoft Windows. and Speedify is a mobile VPN service with channel bonding capabilities.
Connectify launched their first product, Connectify Hotspot, in October 2009. It can enable a Windows PC to serve as a router over Ethernet or Wi-Fi. Along with a Windows 7, 8 or 10 certified Wi-Fi device it can act as a wireless access point. This enables users to share files, printers, and Internet connections between multiple computing devices without the need for a separate physical access point or router.
Connectify spent the next two years improving the product, first making it free and ad-supported. In 2011, Connectify switched to a freemium commercial model which included premium features for paying customers. These features included extended support of 3G/4G mobile devices, fully customizable SSIDs and premium customer support.
In 2011, Connectify received funding from In-Q-Tel to begin developing a more powerful and secure remote networking platform and a connection-aggregation application. Connectify used this funding to develop the foundation of the application, and then in 2012 turned to the crowdfunding site Kickstarter to raise additional funding  to develop Connectify Dispatch. Dispatch was a load balancer which could combine any number of Ethernet, Wi-Fi or mobile Internet connections.
In 2014, Connectify launched Speedify, a channel bonding application for PCs running Microsoft Windows and macOS. In January 2016, Speedify for Mobile was launched at CES, adding support for iOS and Android. In December 2016, Speedify added encryption on all supported platforms, turning it into a mobile virtual private network.
Connectify released other apps: Pingify (in 2017) - a mobile network diagnostics tool, and EdgeWise Connect (in 2019).
- Wi-Fi hotspot - users can share the Internet connection from their PC through a Wi-Fi adapter. The free version of Connectify Hotspot only allows sharing of wired or Wi-Fi Internet via Wi-Fi. The paid versions allow users to share any type of Internet connection, including 4G / LTE. through Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Wired router - users can share a computer's Wi-Fi connection via Ethernet. This functionality is only available in the paid versions of Connectify Hotspot.
- Wi-Fi repeater - users can extend the range of a Wi-Fi network and bridge other devices on that network directly. This functionality is only available in the paid versions of Connectify Hotspot.
Speedify for Teams
Pingify was developed as an internal testing tool for Speedify on iOS - a mobile network diagnostics tool. Then, in 2017, it was made publicly available.
EdgeWise Connect is a simple VPN available for iPhone which can seamlessly move web traffic between the Wi-Fi and cellular data connections. The service uses channel bonding technology and is fully encrypted.
EdgeWise Connect was launched in early 2019 and can be used for free for a few hours each day; there are monthly and yearly subscription plans available. Out of the sales, they donate 3% of revenues to charities committed to the preservation of owls.
- "Connectify in Crunch Base". Crunch Base. Crunch Base. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- Parrish, Kevin (11 April 2014). "Connectify Switchboard: Channel Bonding for the Enterprise". Tom's IT Pro. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- "Broadpath – Strategic Communications » Speedify Solves Frustrating "Dead Wi-Fi Hotspot Problem" by Intelligently Combining Wi-Fi and Mobile Data Connections for Faster, More Reliable Connectivity". broadpathpr.com. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Norris, Jim (19 February 2013). "Review: Connectify Hotspot turns your laptop into a hotspot". PC World. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "Create a super fast wifi hotspot". Instructables. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "Connectify Released A Much Improved Version That Turns Your Windows 7 Laptop into A WiFi Hotspot". Next of Windows. Retrieved 7 November 2014.
- "Speedify VPN review". TechRadar. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "What Is a Mobile VPN and How Is It Different from a VPN? - Speedify". Speedify. 30 September 2017. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Connectify commercializes Speedify channel bonding service | FierceWireless". www.fiercewireless.com. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Vilches, Jose (22 December 2009). "Wi-Fi sharing utility Connectify 1.0 launches, remains free". TechSpot. TechSpot, Inc. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- DiStefano, Joseph (28 September 2011). "CIA's investment firm backs Philly's Connectify". Philly.com. Interstate General Media, LLC.
- Parker, Tammy (12 August 2012). "Connectify aggregates Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G into a fat pipe". FierceWirelessTech. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- Rubin, Ross (25 May 2013). "Yanked From The Cloud: Why Connectify Unplugged Its Switchboard Campaign". TechCrunch. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- Gannes, Liz (10 September 2012). "Why Choose One? Connectify Blends VC and Crowdfunding in Kickstarter Campaign" (PDF). AllThingsD. Wall Street Journal.
- Parker, Tammy (15 May 2013). "Connectify returns to Kickstarter to enable channel bonding in the cloud". FierceWirelessTech. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- Connectify. "Slow Internet is the Worst: Speedify Lets You Combine Internet Connections for Faster Speed". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Shivakumar, Felicia. "Speedify at CES 2016". TechCrunch. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Moore, Ryan. "Speedify Mobile combines Wi-Fi, Mobile and Bluetooth technology to provide more reliable access to the internet ~ Android Coliseum". Android Coliseum. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Introducing Speedify 5.0 - Speedify". Speedify. 28 December 2016. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "How to Turn Your Windows Laptop into a Wi-Fi Hotspot - Connectify". Connectify. 23 February 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "Features of Connectify Hotspot - Connectify". Connectify. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "Introducing Connectify Hotspot 2017! - Connectify". Connectify. 13 January 2017. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "Introducing Speedify, the Solution to Slow Internet - Speedify". Speedify. 9 June 2014. Retrieved 9 October 2017.
- "Download | Speedify - Speed up everything you do online". Speedify. Retrieved 27 September 2018.
- "The Fastest VPNs". Tom's Guide. Retrieved 26 June 2019.
- "Pingify - Mobile Network Diagnostics Made Easy". Pingify. Retrieved 26 June 2019.
- Hoffman, Chris. "How to Run Ping (Network Diagnostics) on Your iPhone". How-To Geek. Retrieved 26 June 2019.
- "EdgeWise - Stay connected, even at the edge of Wi-Fi". EdgeWise. Retrieved 26 June 2019.
- "Help". EdgeWise. Retrieved 26 June 2019.
- "Owl Conservation? There's an App for That". Project SNOWstorm. 2 February 2019. Retrieved 26 June 2019.