Connersville Township, Fayette County, Indiana
Location of Connersville Township in Fayette County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||32.77 sq mi (84.9 km2)|
|• Land||32.71 sq mi (84.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|• Density||375.5/sq mi (145.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453246|
Connersville Township was organized in 1819 as one of five original townships of Fayette County containing the namesake town, which was designated the county seat.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 32.77 square miles (84.9 km2), of which 32.71 square miles (84.7 km2) (or 99.82%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.18%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Connersville (southwest half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Harrison Township (north)
- Waterloo Township (northeast)
- Jennings Township (east)
- Jackson Township (southeast)
- Columbia Township (southwest)
- Orange Township (southwest)
- Fairview Township (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Tullis Chapel.
- "Connersville Township, Fayette County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Fayette County, Indiana: Containing a History of the Townships, Towns, Villages, Schools, Churches, Industries, Etc. Warner, Beers and Company. 1885. p. 164.
- History of Fayette County, Indiana: Containing a History of the Townships, Towns, Villages, Schools, Churches, Industries, Etc. Warner, Beers and Company. 1885. p. 165.
- Barrows, Frederic Irving (1917). History of Fayette County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. Bowen, B. F. p. 224.
|This Fayette County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|