February 24, 1938
|Occupation||Auto Racer |
Conrad "Connie" Kalitta (born February 24, 1938) is an American businessman and former drag racing driver, nicknamed "The Bounty Hunter". Kalitta is the CEO of Kalitta Air and the owner of Kalitta Motorsports.
Kalitta was runner-up at the 1963 Winternationals in Top Gas and at the 1965 Springnationals in Top Fuel. His first major event win was the 1967 American Hot Rod Association (AHRA) Winternationals in Scottsdale, Arizona, in a 427ci "cammer"–powered Top Fuel dragster.
- Kalitta Motorsports - About Connie Kalitta, Retrieved 2016-05-07
- "NHRA Story » Kalitta honored with first NHRA Lifetime Achievement Award". www.nhra.com. Retrieved 2016-11-17.
- McClurg, Bob. "50 Years of Funny Cars: Part 2" in Drag Racer, November 2016, p. 46 caption.
- Benson, Candida (2017-01-30). "High-Profile First Wins at the Winternationals". National Hot Rod Association. Retrieved 2019-06-26.
- Connie Kalitta at the Motorsports Hall of Fame of America
- NHRA top 50 drivers - tribute to Kalitta Archived 2005-09-26 at the Wayback Machine
- "State Police Fatal Accident Unit Releases Findings on Drag Strip Crash that Claimed Life of Scott Kalitta". New Jersey State Police. 2008-09-17. Retrieved 2019-06-27.