This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2019)
|Member of the California State Senate|
from the 20th district
|Assumed office |
December 1, 2014
|Preceded by||Alex Padilla (redistricted)|
|Born||February 19, 1967|
|Alma mater||University of Redlands (BA)|
Connie Leyva (born February 19, 1967) is an American politician and union organizer, serving as a member of the California State Senate since 2014. A member of the Democratic Party, Levya represents the 20th Senate District, which includes western parts of the Inland Empire.
Early life and education
Prior to being elected to the State Senate in 2014, she was president of the California Labor Federation. Leyva was elected to the California State Senate in 2014, receiving the endorsement of the local AFL–CIO chapter.
On January 6, 2022, Leyva announced that she would not run for reelection to the State Senate. On January 26, 2022, Leyva announced that she would be a candidate for the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors.
- "Biography". Senator Connie M. Leyva. 2014-11-20. Retrieved 2020-08-09.
- "Connie M. Leyva". Ballotpedia. Retrieved 2020-08-09.
- Cendejas, Danielle (April 14, 2014). "California Labor Federation Unites Behind Leyva". Connie Leyva for State Senate. Retrieved 2020-08-09.
- "Leyva to bow out + New CalChamber executive + Sac City Councilman runs for Assembly". MSN.
- "Chino lawmaker Connie Leyva makes bid for San Bernardino County supervisor". 27 January 2022.
- "Connie Leyva for State Senate". Connie Leyva for State Senate. Retrieved 2020-08-09.