Connie Price and the Keystones
|Connie Price and the Keystones|
|Genres||funk, hip hop, soul|
|Labels||Now Again Records, Ubiquity Records|
|Website||Record Company page|
Connie Price and the Keystones is a project helmed by guitarist/multi-instrumentalist Dan Ubick from Los Angeles, California who combine influences of funk, hip-hop and soul. Besides Ubick it has a revolving membership while they performed as a backing band to Big Daddy Kane from 2008 to 2012. They have released two albums, two EPs and a number of singles.
In 2004 Connie Price put out an EP, Blood's Haul, on the Stones Throw imprint Now Again with UK drummer Malcom Catto, and that same year the instrumental album Wildflowers was released featuring members of Funk Inc., Poets Of Rhythm and L.A. Carnival. A second EP, Sticks & Stones, was released in 2005, a collection of live performances, a b-side, and a dub remix of the first cut from the LP. Three years later the band put out the Tell Me Something album on Ubiquity Records, which featured guest appearances from Percee P, Ohmega Watts, Wildchild, Soup/Daakir from Jurassic 5, Aloe Blacc and Freestyle Fellowship's Myka Nyne among others.
From 2007 to 2009 Connie Price & the Keystones became one of two main backing bands on Scion's Live Metro series. In 2014 Connie Price and the Keystones released four songs from their forthcoming third full length entitled "Lucas High" due out in 2015, a tribute to session man Doug Lucas, featuring his son Zach.
- "The Badger b/w "Sweet Soul Music" (2003 Now Again NA7001-A)
- "Highland Park b/w Time to Kill" (2003 Now Again NA7008-A)
- "Get Thy Bearings" (Donovan Cover) feat. Chris Manak (2003 Now Again NA7006-A)
- "Waterloo Sunset" feat. Gretchen Parlato (2014 Digital Download)
- "Sticks & Stones" EP (2006 NA5020)
- "Lucas High" EP (2014 Digital Download/Promo CD - A Man Called Horse Records)
- Listing of the Wildflowers album on Discogs.com, (accessed December 22, 2014).
- Listing of the Sticks and Stones EP on Discogs.com, (accessed December 22, 2104).
- Listing of the Tell Me Something album on Discogs.com, (accessed December 22, 2014).
- http://www.ubiquityrecords.com/shop/products/Connie-Price-And-The-Keystones-%252d-Tell-Me-Something.html Record Company entry
- http://www.nowagainrecords.com/tag/connie-price-keystones/ Record Company entry
- http://www.lucashigh.com Lucas High