May 1, 1990 |
York, NY, USA
|Height||6 ft 6 in (198 cm)|
|Weight||225 lb (102 kg; 16 st 1 lb)|
|NHL Draft||164th overall, 2009
Connor Knapp (born May 1, 1990) is an American professional ice hockey goaltender. He currently plays for the Norfolk Admirals of the ECHL. Knapp was selected by the Buffalo Sabres in the 6th round (164th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Knapp won the State Championship in 2005 with McQuaid Jesuit High School, which he attended for his freshman and sophomore year. He played four seasons with the Miami RedHawks men's ice hockey team of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA).
On April 12, 2014, Knapp made his NHL debut when he entered the Buffalo Sabres' net, in relief of the injured Matt Hackett, with 11:35 remaining in a 4-1 loss to the Boston Bruins. By dressing Knapp for the game, he became the ninth goaltender to dress for the Sabres during the 2013–14 NHL season (sixth to play) and established the NHL record for most goaltenders dressed by one team in a single season. Knapp played the entirety of the Sabres' final game of the season against the New York Islanders, a 4-3 shootout loss.
Knapp was designated a restricted free agent, but was not tendered an offer by the Buffalo Sabers prior to the 2014–15 season. On August 6, 2014, as an unrestricted free agent, he signed a one-year AHL contract with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.
After two seasons within the Lehigh Valley Phantoms organization in which he spent the majority of his tenure with ECHL affiliate, the Reading Royals, Knapp left as a free agent to sign a one-year deal with fellow ECHL club, the Norfolk Admirals, on September 14, 2016.
|2007–08||Boston Jr. Bruins||EJHL||25||14||7||2||1309||44||3||2.02||.925||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||Miami University (Ohio)||CCHA||23||13||5||3||1350||47||2||2.09||.904||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Miami University (Ohio)||CCHA||20||10||4||4||1127||37||4||1.97||.921||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Miami University (Ohio)||CCHA||17||8||5||4||975||33||2||2.03||.909||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Miami University (Ohio)||CCHA||24||15||8||0||1348||38||5||1.69||.933||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Greenville Road Warriors||ECHL||12||5||7||0||728||37||0||3.05||.909||4||1||3||221||10||0||2.71||.922|
|2013–14||Greenville Road Warriors||ECHL||16||7||7||2||957||37||1||2.32||.933||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||Lehigh Valley Phantoms||AHL||2||1||0||0||113||10||0||5.31||.821||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|CCHA All-Rookie Team||2008–09|||
|CCHA Best Goaltender||2011–12|||
- "Sabres watching goalie prospect Connor Knapp closely". Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. 2011-04-15. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- "Sabres sign Knapp to entry-level deal". Buffalo Sabres. 2012-04-03. Retrieved 2012-04-03.
- "New York Islanders at Buffalo Sabres". mercedsunstar.com. 2014-04-13. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "Buffalo Sabres season ends with loss". Democrat and Chronicle. 2014-04-16. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- Hoppe, Bill (2014-06-30). "Sabres won't qualify Jamie McBain and Connor Knapp, undecided on Cory Conacher". Olean Times Herald. Retrieved 2013-06-30.
- "Phantoms sign Knapp and Flemming". oursportscentral.com. 2014-08-06. Retrieved 2014-08-06.
- "Buffalo Sabres Prospect Connor Knapp Signs with Philadelphia Flyers Organization".
- "Connor Knapp announced as first Goaltender signed". Norfolk Admirals. 2016-09-14. Retrieved 2016-09-14.
- "Hockey Awards & Achievements - NCAA (CCHA) All-Rookie Team". EliteProspects.com. 2013-04-13. Retrieved 2013-04-13.
- "Reichard, Knapp Headline Miami's Winners at CCHA Awards". Miami University RedHawks. 2012-04-15. Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- Career statistics and player information from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|CCHA Best Goaltender
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|