|Irish name||Conchuir Ó Cíosóg|
|Position||Left Corner Forward|
|Born||1979 (age 37–38)
|Height||1.9 m (6 ft 3 in)|
Conor Cusack (born 1979) is an Irish sportsperson. He played hurling with the Cork senior inter-county team in 2006. Known nationally in Ireland for his mental health advocacy, Cusack continues to play hurling with his local Cloyne club.
Cusack was noted as a good hurler from an early age. He plays with his local Cloyne GAA club and was a member of the Cork senior hurling panel for several years. His brother, Donal Óg, was the goalkeeper on the team.
Cusack made his debut in the 2006 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Final against Kilkenny, coming on as a substitute in the closing minutes.
Cusack devotes much of his time to highlighting mental health and articulating his own experiences of depression. He has spoken about this on national television, on Prime Time. In January 2014, Cusack for the first time publicly discussed his attraction to men. Ahead of the 2015 Marriage Equality referendum, he spoke on The Saturday Night Show in favour of the proposition and challenged those who opposed it.
- "O'Connell returns for Cork hurlers". RTÉ Sport. 16 February 2006. Retrieved 28 January 2011.[permanent dead link]
- Heneghan, Conor. "Former Cork hurler Conor Cusack opens up about his sexuality in latest blog post".
- "Depression is a friend, not my enemy". Irish Independent. 29 October 2013.
- Whooley, Declan (30 October 2013). "Conor Cusack talks candidly about his depression on Prime Time".
- "Nationwide praise for Conor Cusack for his 'bravery and honesty' on battle with depression". Irish Independent. 30 October 2013.
- "Conor Cusack: "I am sexually attracted to men"". Irish Independent. 28 January 2014.
- Cuddihy, Tony (10 April 2015). "Conor Cusack on the importance of the upcoming marriage equality vote".
- Cullen, Adam (14 May 2015). "Conor Cusack challenges Dubs star Ger Brennan on opposition to same-sex marriage". Evening Herald.
|This Cork hurling biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|