|Alma mater||Pomona College|
|Known for||The Atlantic|
After graduating from college, Friedersdorf worked for the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin. He began writing for The Atlantic in November 2009. He was an intern for The Daily Dish blog, and in 2010 was hired as Senior Editor and "underblogger" to Andrew Sullivan. Friedersdorf compiles on a regular basis The Best of Journalism list, which is a curated list of news articles and investigative report, that he disseminates through a newsletter.
In an interview with journalist Matt Lewis, Friedersdorf stated that he has right-leaning views but that he does not consider himself to be a doctrinal conservative or a member of the conservative movement. Writing for The Atlantic, Friedersdorf laid out his argument for why he refused to vote for Barack Obama in 2012 and was supporting Gary Johnson in his bid for president as the Libertarian Party candidate.
Friedersdorf wrote an article calling for the abolition of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and protecting the right to protest on the Statue of Liberty. Friedersdorf has praised Peggy McIntosh's essay White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack, saying he would encourage its study in college curriculums, but warned that "importing obscure academic concepts into mass conversations about identity makes them much less accessible and more alienating to the vast majority of America".
Friedersdorf grew up in Orange County, California, and currently lives in Venice, California. Two of his grandparents were French Cajuns. He attended Pomona College as an undergraduate, and attended the journalism school at New York University on a scholarship.
- "Portfolio at NYU".
- Breslow, Samuel (14 April 2017). "Q&A: Journalist Conor Friedersdorf Talks Campus Politics". The Student Life. Archived from the original on 24 September 2020. Retrieved 22 September 2020.
- Friedersdorf, Conor (12 November 2009). "Viral Loop Interview Part I: The Fastest Way to Make $1 Million". The Atlantic. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Conor Friedersdorf Talks About His New Gig at Andrew Sullivan's Blog". Mediaite. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "How Conor Friedersdorf created a magazine-club experience through his "Best of Journalism" list". Nieman Lab. Retrieved 2015-12-29.
- "Matt Lewis Show: Conor Friedersdorf « Matt Lewis". Archived from the original on 2012-05-25. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- Friedersdorf, Conor. "Why I Refuse to Vote for Barack Obama".
- Friedersdorf, Conor (2018-07-06). "A Woman Who Takes Lady Liberty Seriously". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2018-07-07.
- "What Does 'Cultural Appropriation' Actually Mean?". The Atlantic. April 3, 2017.
- Arellano, Gustavo (28 January 2013). "OC Weekly Cover Story on Shady San Clemente Collection Agency Makes Conor Friedersdorf's The Best Of Journalism Newsletter!". Orange County Register. Retrieved 14 October 2018.
- Friedersdorf, Conor. "Oberlin College's Food Fight". The Atlantic. Retrieved 2018-05-08.
- "Hugh and Conor Friedersdorf debate Mark Levin's Ameritopia". 30 March 2012. Retrieved 31 March 2012.