|Full name||Conor Joseph Hoey|
|Born||24 March 1968 (age 48)
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
|Batting style||Right-handed batsman|
|Bowling style||Leg spin|
Conor Joseph Hoey (born 24 March 1968 in Dublin, Republic of Ireland) is an Irish former cricketer. A right-handed batsman and leg spin bowler, he played 42 times for the Ireland cricket team between 1991 and 1995 including four first-class matches and six List A matches.
Hoey made his debut for Ireland on their tour of Zimbabwe in March 1991, taking 6/19 against Mashonaland Districts, his best bowling figures for Ireland. This tour was followed by him making his first-class debut in June that year against Scotland. He followed this with his List A debut against Middlesex and games against the West Indies, the Free Foresters, the MCC and Wales.
He continued in the Irish side in 1992, scoring 34 against Middlesex, his top score for Ireland, to start the year, followed by matches against Scotland, Durham, the MCC, Wales and Gloucestershire. Ireland gained associate membership of the International Cricket Council in 1993 and Hoey was an important part of the Irish team at that point, playing eight times in 1993, including internationals against Scotland and the Netherlands in addition to the Triple Crown Tournament.
He remained an integral part of the Irish side, playing in the inaugural ICC Trophy campaign in 1994. He took ten wickets in the tournament at an average of 23.90, winning man of the match awards against Papua New Guinea and Malaysia.
That year was rounded off with his final first-class match against Scotland and the Triple Crown Tournament in July. The following year would be his last in the Irish side, playing Benson & Hedges Cup matches against Surrey, Sussex and Kent before his final match against Scotland in his home town of Dublin.
- Player profile: Conor Hoey from CricketArchive
- CricketEurope Stats Zone profile
- First-class matches played by Conor Hoey at Cricket Archive
- List A matches played by Conor Hoey at Cricket Archive
- Ireland at Cricket Archive
- Ireland squad for 1993 Triple Crown Tournament at CricketEurope
- ICC Trophy matches played by Conor Hoey at Cricket Archive
- Matches in which Conor Hoey won an award at Cricket Archive
- Ireland squad for the 1994 Triple Crown Tournament at CricketEurope