The hotel in June 2016
|Location||Seaside Boulevard, Bay City,|
Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines
|Opening||June 15, 2016|
|Owner||SM Hotels and Conventions Corporation|
|Floor count||10 (including S Maison retail complex)|
|Design and construction|
|Architecture firm||WOW Architects|
|Other designers||Malherbe (interior design; S' Maison)|
|Number of rooms||347 (including suites)|
Design and construction
The design of the building occupied by the Conrad Manila was inspired by the cruise ships passing by Manila Bay. Conrad Manila was designed by WOW Architects. The firm was also responsible for the interior design of the building.
In March 7, 2013, SM Hotels and Conventions Corporations announced that they reached an agreement with Hilton Worldwide, the operator of the Conrad Hotels hotel brand, that the SM subsidiary would manage Conrad Manila. The opening of the hotel, then planned to have 350 rooms, was initially scheduled for mid-2015. It was later reported that Hilton Worldwide would manage Conrad Manila, which would be owned by the SM subsidiary.
The hotel opened on June 15, 2016, which was marked with a ribbon-cutting ceremony. However, the formal opening of the hotel was scheduled in September 2016. It is estimated that ₱6.5 billion was spent for the construction of the hotel building.
The hotel occupies the top eight floors of the building while the first two floors are occupied by S Maison, a retail complex. A direct walkway connects the hotel building to the SMX Convention Center. The hotel is owned by SM Hotels and Conventions Corporation, a subsidiary of SM Investments Corporation, while it is managed by the Hilton Worldwide as part of its Conrad Hotels brand.
At the time the hotel opened, there were 347 rooms and suites. The hotel hosts 4 event halls and two ballrooms, which occupy more than 4,000 square metres (43,000 sq ft). Six restaurants and lounges are likewise hosted at the hotel. A fitness center and spa operating around the clock and an infinity pool are also among the hotel's features.
The S' Maison retail space occupies the first two floors of the Conrad Manila, hosting 69 retail spaces. It also hosts a Director's Club Cinema with three theaters, each having a seating capacity of 38 people, installed by La-Z-Boy. The retail space launched in June 2017 is considered by SM Prime Holdings to be its 62nd SM Supermall in the country.
Malherbe, a French design firm, was responsible for the interior design of the S' Maison, which is described as patterned after the concept of "Pearl of the Orient". The mall has an area of 25,534 square meters (274,850 sq ft). The tenant mix of the S' Maison is described as "43 percent food and 57 percent retail".
The Dessert Museum has 8 rooms (Donut Hole, Marshmallow Room, Candy Cane Grooves, Ice Cream Room, Bubble Room, Gummy Bear Room, Cotton Candy Forest, and the Cake Pops Room) which focuses on sweets and desserts. There is also a souvenir shop inside. It is located on the S' Maison Hotel.
Before its opening date, the Conrad Manila was awarded at the 4th Annual Philippine Property Awards in April 2016. The establishment is the recipient of three awards, namely Best Hotel Development, Best Hotel Architectural Design, and Best Hotel Interior Design.
At the 2017 Prix Versailles World Architecture Awards held at the UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, the S' Maison was recognized for design excellence in the Interior Spaces, South Asia and the Pacific Shopping Malls category.
- Simeon, Louise Maureen (11 May 2016). "Conrad Manila hotel opening next month". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- Tan, Mick (7 July 2016). "WOW Architects designs shipping-inspired Conrad Manila". Hotel Management. Questex LLC. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- Kitchen, Jane (20 June 2016). "Conrad makes Philippine debut with hotel perched on top of lifestyle mall". CLAD News. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "SM brings Hilton's luxury Conrad hotels to Manila". Rappler. 7 March 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- Satake, Minoru. "Manila luxury hotels, casinos on the rise". Nikkei Asian Review. Nikkei Inc. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "Luxury hotel Conrad Manila opens its doors". Rappler. 16 June 2016. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- Marquez, Francine (15 June 2016). "LOOK | 8 reasons why Conrad Manila is now the best hotel by the bay". InterAksyon. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- Lim, Janina. "SM allocates P7 billion for hotel expansion". BusinessWorld. BusinessWorld Publishing Corporation. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
Located in the Mall of Asia complex, the P6.5-billion 8-storey hotel [Conrad Hotel] has 347 rooms. It also includes a two-level high-end retail podium called S Maison.
- Marquez, Mary Chol. "3 Things To Know About SM's S Maison Mall". International Business Times. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- Lunas, Bernadette (22 June 2017). "5 reasons why you should go to S Maison". Manila Standard. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "Award-winning French-designed mall launched in Pasay". The Philippine Star. 27 June 2017. Retrieved 27 June 2017.