|Conrad Kongkal Sangma|
27 January 1978|
Tura, West Garo Hills, India
|Residence||Tura, West Garo Hills|
|Alma mater||Imperial College, University of London|
|Profession||Social Worker and Business|
|As of March 4, 2016
Conrad Sangma (born January 27, 1978 in Tura, West Garo Hills) is an Indian politician from the state of Meghalaya and was Leader of the Opposition in the eighth Meghalaya Legislative Assembly, where he represents the Selsella (ST) constituency in the West Garo Hills district.
He started his career in late 1990s, as the campaign manager for his father, P. A. Sangma for Nationalist Congress Party. He was first elected to the State Assembly along with his brother James Sangma, both as NCP members in the 2008 state elections and later held several important portfolios in the state cabinet, including the Finance, Power, Tourism, GAD and IT and presented his first annual budget for Meghalaya within 10 days of debuting as a minister.
From 2009 to 2013 he held the post of Leader of Opposition in the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly. He is currently Member of Parliament from Tura Parliamentary constituency which he won in by election after his father's death.
Sangma is the son of former Chief Minister of Meghalaya and also Speaker of the Lok Sabha, P. A. Sangma, his sister, Agatha Sangma was member of the 15th Lok Sabha and a former Union Cabinet minister Minister of State , while his brother James Sangma is the Opposition Chief Whip in the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.
- "Leader Of Opposition". Meghalaya Legislative Assembly, Official website.
- "List Of Members Of The Eight Meghalaya Legislative Assembly". Meghalaya Legislative Assembly, Official website.
- "Conrad delivers quickie budget". The Telegraph. March 28, 2008.
- "`In Garo Hills, I'm the moon that won't be eclipsed'". Indian Express. September 25, 1999.
- "Sangma dynasty gains momentum in Meghalaya". Rediff.com News. April 23, 2008.
P. A. Sangma
|Member of Parliament
2016 – Present
|This article about a Meghalaya politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|