23 October 1973|
Lydenburg, South Africa
|Height||1.9 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||82 kg (181 lb)|
|Other interests||photography, fly fishing, dirt bikes, good coffee, good chocolate & the great outdoors.|
Stoltz started competing in the multi-sport disciplines of duathlon and triathlon through his involvement in cycling. He is most often competes in cross triathlon, such as the XTERRA series of off-road triathlons. He claimed the XTERRA World Championship in his rookie season in 2001 and successfully defended it 2002. He again won XTERRA World titles in 2007 and 2010 and has won three consecutive ITU Cross Triathlon World titles in 2011,2012 and 2013. In total, he has won 10 USA XTERRA Series titles and 52 XTERRA triathlons around the world.
At the age of 40, Conrad finished 3rd at the South African Time Trial Championships (40 km road bike) in a time of 51:46.
After breaking his back in 3 places (30% compression fractures) and his wrist in 8 places near the end of the 2006 season, Stoltz bounced back and in the XTERRA USA Championship series by winning four of five races, including the USA Championship, (2007 US XTERRA Series champion) and winning the XTERRA World Championship.
- 4 x World Champion: 2001, 2002, 2007 and 2010.
- 10 x XTERRA USA Series champion
- Winner of the inaugural XTERRA South Africa (24 April 2005) Grabouw, South Africa.
- 52 XTERRA career wins to date. (August, 2013)
- 2000 Summer Olympics, 20th place with a total time of 1:50:24.39.
- 2004 Summer Olympics, did not finish the race due to a mechanical failure.
National titles and representation
- South African Junior Duathlon Champion in 1990 and 1991.
- Participated in World Duathlon Championship in 1991 and 1992.
- South African Junior Triathlon Champion in 1991 and 1992.
- Participated in World Triathlon Championship in 1993.
- South African Triathlon Champion in 1994, 1995, 1997 and 1999.
- African Triathlon Champion in 1993, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2003.
- Participated in World Triathlon Championship in 1996–2000 and 2002.
- Participated in Olympics in;
- Sea Otter Classic 2009 Cross Country- 8th overall PRO Men
Conrad has collaborated with Avia on Avi Stoltz off-road running shoe and on various products by Specialized.
- ConradStoltz.com – Conrad Stoltz Official Site
- Profile from NOCSA – the National Olympic Committee of South Africa