Conroy Ryder, 8th Earl of Harrowby
Harrowby succeeded to the earldom on the death of his father on 9 October 2007. The family seat is Sandon Hall in Staffordshire, England. The family also resides at Burnt Norton House, made famous by T. S. Eliot's Four Quartets.
Marriages & Children
Harrowby was married firstly to Sarah Nichola Hobhouse Payne on 16 July 1977. They had four children:
- Dudley Anthony Hugo Coventry Ryder, Viscount Sandon (born 5 September 1981), heir apparent to the earldom
- Hon Frederick Whitmore Dudley Ryder (born 6 February 1984)
- Hon Henry Mansell Dudley Ryder (born 13 July 1985)
- Lady Emily Georgina Hobhouse Ryder (born 13 January 1992)
Harrowby was married secondly to Caroline Marks on 2 May 1998.
- Lundy, Darryl. "p. 8048 § 80477 entry". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition, volume 2, page 1805
- Burke’s Peerage & Baronetage, 106th Edition, edited by Charles Mosley, Burke’s Peerage, Crans, Switzerland, 1999, ISBN 2-940085-02-1, p. 1326.
- The Peerage, entry for 8th Earl of Harrowby
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|Earl of Harrowby