Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ) is a public agency founded in 1994 by the government of Quebec.
CALQ offers support and funding for art projects in the performing arts, multidisciplinary arts, circus arts, visual arts, media arts, architectural research, arts and crafts, and literature. It also seeks to broaden the influence of Quebec culture in Canada and abroad, and supports the advanced training of writers and professional artists.
Ordre des arts et des lettres du Québec
In 2015, CALQ awarded the inaugural Ordre des arts et des lettres du Québec, honouring achievement in Quebec arts and letters, on the occasion of its 20th anniversary. Thirty-five inductees were added to the order in its first year, including 13 board members. Though inspired by France's Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, the Quebec order differs in that it has only one grade, that of companion.
As of January 2013, the Conseil's board of directors are:
- Marie DuPont, Chair of the Board of Directors
- Yvan Gauthier, Chief Executive Officer
- Francine Bernier, Vice-president of the Board of Directors, Director General and Artistic Director of Agora de la danse (Montréal)
- Agathe Alie, Assistant Vice-President - Global Citizenship and Public Affairs Director at Cirque du Soleil
- Michel Biron, Author, Full professor in the Department of French Language and Literature at McGill University
- Charles-Mathieu Brunelle, Director general of Espace pour la vie de Montréal
- Alan Côté, Director general and Artistic Director of Village en chanson de Petite-Vallée
- Luc Courchesne, Media artist, Professeur titulaire, École de design industriel, Faculté de l'aménagement of Université de Montréal, Créateur-chercheur associé at Société des arts technologiques
- Luc Gallant, CA, Chartered accountant, Associate Partner - KPMG
- Mona Hakim, Exhibition curator, art critic and instructor in art history
- Jo-Ann Kane, Curator of the collection of the National Bank of Canada, President of the Association des Collections d'entreprises du Québec, Independent curator
- Stéphane Laforest, Artistic Director and Conductor of Orchestre symphonique de Sherbrooke, Executive and Artistic Director and Conductor of Orchestre la Sinfonia de Lanaudière,First assistant conductor of Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal
- Louise Lemieux-Bérubé, Artist and Chief Executive Officer of Centre des textiles contemporains de Montréal
- Dominique Payette, Professor - Département d'information et de communication of Université Laval
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-02-07. Retrieved 2010-07-31.
- Lemay, Daniel (20 March 2015). "Ordre des arts et lettres du Québec: Liza Frulla sera honorée". La Presse (in French). Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "CALQ | Dix-huit personnalités québécoises décorées de l'Ordre des arts et des lettres du Québec aujourd'hui". www.calq.gouv.qc.ca. Retrieved 2016-11-03.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-02-16. Retrieved 2010-07-30.