Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Lyon
|National Conservatory of Music and Dance in Lyon
Courtyard view from the banks
|3 Quai Chauveau
|Education system||Higher National Diploma professional musician or a dancer (DNSPM / DNSPD) master's degree worth|
The Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Lyon, sometimes referred to as the Conservatoire de Lyon, is a conservatory for the study of music and dance, located in Lyon, France.
Under the Ministry of Culture and Communication, CNSMDL is administered by a board whose chairman is appointed by the minister. The current director is Géry Moutier. He directs the conservatory with a deputy director. He is also assisted with a director of musical studies, a director of choreographic studies and a board of educational guidance. The teaching staff consists of 180 teachers, assistants and attendants. The administrative and technical team comprises 65 people. Enrollments are 500 musicians and 90 dancers. Foreign students account for 15% of the workforce.
The average season consists of nearly 300 public events that are part of the educational project, and help showcase the talent and the work of students, faculty and guest artists. Conservatory partnerships provide opportunities to expose students to the workplace.
The CNSMD Lyon is part of a network of fifty higher education institutions through the Erasmus exchange and also increases the projects with institutions outside Europe (in: Montreal, Bogota, Beirut). It has, for its projects and those of students, patronage of the SACEM, the Adams SPEDIDAM Patronage and Musical Société Générale, and for his actions at the international support of the Convention Cultures France, Region and DRAC Rhône-Alpes.
The Conservatory offers an education for future professionals, selected by competitive audition. The studies are organized in two distinct cycles approved by the Bologna scheme. The first cycle (3 years) is sanctioned by the National Diploma graduate professional musician / dancer (and DNSPM DNSMD), and the second (2 years) to a degree equal to the rank of master.
The faculty are grouped into ten departments:
- Department string
- Department timber
- Department brass
- Department keyboards
- Department voice and choral
- Department of Writing and composition
- Department early music
- Department of diploma course certificate of qualification (CA) music and dance
- Department of chamber music
- Department dance
The annual budget of the institution is € 11,048,054 and a grant from the direction of music, dance, theater and amounts to € 9,632,911.
The current facility CNSMD Lyon is located north of the district Old Lyon, quai Chauveau, in the 9th arrondissement of Lyon. These historic buildings originally sheltered a religious community, the Convent of the Sisters of St. Elizabeth (seventeenth century), and after the Revolution, they became the speaker of the Veterinary School Lyon. The current layout of the premise is due to the architect Chabrol (mid-nineteenth century). Finally, in 1980, it was updated and expanded to accommodate the CNSMD Lyon.
- 1980-1984: Pierre Cochereau
- 1984-2000: Gilbert Amy
- 2000-2009: Henry Fourès
- From September 2009: Géry Moutier.
- "Présentation". Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Lyon. Retrieved 25 October 2009.
- first created the world in 1762 by Bourgelat CNSMD official website of Lyon
- "Adriana Kučerová." (Archive) Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. Retrieved on October 4, 2012.
- CNSMD official website of Lyon (French)
- Effects of the Bologna Declaration on Professional Music Training in Europe
- site partly dedicated to creating the next doctorates in higher education institutions of music in Europe
- European Association of conservatory (AEC)
History of public institutions of the Ministry of Culture] (PDF)