Conspicuous Service Cross (Australia)
|Conspicuous Service Cross|
Medal and ribbon
|Awarded by Australia|
|Eligibility||Members of the Australian Defence Force and Officers & Instructors of the Australian Defence Force Cadets|
|Awarded for||outstanding commitment to duty or outstanding application of exceptional skills, judgment or dedication, in non-war-like situations |
|Established||18 October 1989|
|Last awarded||2015 Australia Day Honours|
|Order of Wear|
|Next (higher)||Member of the Royal Victorian Order|
|Next (lower)||Nursing Service Cross|
|Related||Conspicuous Service Medal|
CSC & Bar undress ribbon
The Conspicuous Service Cross (authorised post-nominal letters CSC) is a decoration (medal) of the Australian honours system. The CSC is awarded only for [clarify]. Since its inception, 889 had been awarded as at 26 January 2015. All ranks are eligible for the award.
- The medal is a nickel-silver modified Maltese Cross with each axis measuring 38 millimetres, ensigned with the Crown of Saint Edward in nickel-silver, with the arms of the cross interspersed with fluted rays. The obverse bears a central device of the Southern Cross surrounded by a laurel wreath.
- The back of the cross shows a horizontal panel.
- The ribbon is 32 millimetres wide, having alternating diagonal stripes of bush green and sandy gold 6 millimetres wide.
- Additional awards of the CSC wear a nickel-silver bar with a superimposed replica of the cross. The bar is attached to the ribbon of the original award.
Multiple award recipients
To date eight people have received the Conspicuous Service Cross for a second time. Listed below are some of those eight.
- Colonel Jeffrey Martin Quirk, CSC - originally awarded on 2000 Queen's Birthday Honours and the bar awarded in the 2010 Queen's Birthday Honours.
- Rear Admiral Stuart Mayer, CSC, RAN - originally awarded in the 2008 Australia Day Honours and the bar awarded in the 2011 Australia Day Honours.
- Colonel Mark Andrew Brewer, CSC - originally awarded in the 2006 Queen's Birthday Honours and the bar awarded in the 2011 Australia Day Honours.
- Lieutenant Colonel Rolf Audrins, CSC - originally awarded in the 2007 Queen's Birthday Honours and the bar awarded in the 2013 Australia Day Honours.
- Group Captain Christopher Thomas Hanna, CSC - originally awarded on 27 November 2003 and the bar awarded in the 2013 Australia Day Honours.
- Commander Jan Elizabeth Noonan, CSC, RAN - originally awarded in the 2003 Queen's Birthday Honours and the bar awarded in the 2014 Australia Day Honours.
- Colonel Timothy Sean Connolly, CSC, NSW - For outstanding achievement as Commanding Officer of the 6th Aviation Regiment for the period 2014 to 2015.
- Australian Honours Order of Wearing
- Post-nominal letters (Australia)
- Category:Recipients of the Conspicuous Service Cross (Australia)
- "The Order of Wearing Australian Honours and Awards" (PDF). Government House. 25 September 2007. Retrieved 23 March 2014.
- Maton 1995, p. 78.
- 2016 Queen's Birthday Honours
- It's an Honour - Australian government website
|This article related to orders, decorations, and medals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|