Constance J. Chang-Hasnain
|Constance J. Chang-Hasnain|
1 October 1960 |
|Doctoral advisor||John Roy Whinnery|
Constance J. Chang-Hasnain is an electrical engineer, and the John R. Whinnery Chair Professor and Associate Dean Associate Dean for Strategic Alliances, College of Engineering, the University of California, Berkeley.
She obtained a B.S. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of California, Davis in 1982, an M.S. and a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the University of California, Berkeley in 1984 and 1987, respectively. She was a Member of Technical Staff at Bellcore 1987-1992 and Assistant Professor at Stanford University 1992-95.
She is a Fellow of the IEEE, OSA, and IEE, and Editor for the IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technologies.
- 1994 IEEE LEOS Distinguished Lecturer Award
- 2000 Curtis W. McGraw Research Award from the American Society of Engineering Education
- 2003 IEEE William Streifer Scientific Achievement Award
- 2005 Gilbreth Lecturer Award
- 2007 Nick Holonyak Jr. Award, Optical Society of America
- 2009 Guggenheim Fellow
- 2009 Humboldt Research Award, Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung Foundation
- 2008-2013 Vannevar Bush Faculty Fellowship (formerly National Security Science and Engineering Faculty Fellowship)
- 2011 IEEE David Sarnoff Award
- 2015 UNESCO Medal For the Development of Nanoscience and Nanotechnologies
- 2018 Elected Member, National Academy of Engineering
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-14. Retrieved 2013-10-12.
- "Constance Chang-Hasnain | EECS at UC Berkeley". Eecs.berkeley.edu. 2012-11-25. Retrieved 2012-11-29.
- "Constance Chang-Hasnain Research Group Website at UC Berkeley". Eecs.berkeley.edu. 2011-03-01. Retrieved 2013-10-11.
- "Constance J. Chang-Hasnain - John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation". Gf.org. Retrieved 2012-11-29.
- "David Sarnoff Award Recipients". IEEE. Retrieved 2012-11-29.
- Constance J. Chang-Hasnain at University of California, Berkeley