Constance Le Grip
|Member of the National Assembly|
for Hauts-de-Seine's 6th constituency
|Assumed office |
21 June 2017
|Preceded by||Jean-Christophe Fromantin|
|Born||14 November 1960|
|Political party||Ensemble Citoyens (since 2022)|
|The Republicans (until 2022)|
|Alma mater||Sciences Po|
Constance Le Grip (born 14 November 1960) is a French politician, formerly of The Republican Group, who currently serves as a member of the 15th legislature of the French Fifth Republic, representing Hauts-de-Seine's 6th constituency. She served as a Member of the European Parliament from 2010 until 2017.
From 2001 to 2008, Le Grip served as a councilor in Neuilly-sur-Seine and has been a parliamentary adviser to Nicolas Sarkozy. She became a member of European Parliament in February 2010. A member of European People's Party (Christian Democrats), she served as the vice-president of the Committee on Constitutional Affairs and a member of Committee on Employment and Social Affairs. She was reelected to the European Parliament in 2014.
During the 2017 French legislative election with 21.16% votes, Le Grip took up the second position in the first round of elections for Hauts-de-Seine's 6th constituency but secured 53.81% of the votes cast in the second round. In the National Assembly, she serves as vice-chairperson of the Committee on Cultural Affairs and Education and as member of the Committee on European Affairs. Since 2019, she has also been a member of the French delegation to the Franco-German Parliamentary Assembly.
In the Republicans’ 2017 leadership election, Le Grip endorsed Laurent Wauquiez. In 2018, Wauquiez included her in his shadow cabinet; in this capacity, she served as opposition counterpart to Minister of European Affairs Amélie de Montchalin.
Le Grip is married with three children.
- "Constance Le Grip". European Parliament. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Qui est Constance Le Grip, votre députée (LR) de Neuilly-Puteaux" [Who is Constance Le Grip, your MP (LR) from Neuilly-Puteaux]. Le Parisien (in French). 19 June 2017. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Arrêté du 9 juin 2005 portant nomination au cabinet du ministre d'Etat" [Order of 9 June 2005 appointing the Cabinet of the Minister of State] (in French). LegiFrance. 16 June 2005. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- Ludovic Vigogne (April 20, 2016), Bataillons: Primaire à droite: la liste des premiers soutiens parlementaires L'Opinion.
- "Résultats des élections législatives 2017" [Results of the 2017 parliamentary elections] (in French). Ministry of the Interior. 18 June 2017. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Mme Constance Le Grip" [Mrs Constance Le Grip] (in French). National Assembly. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- Ludovic Vigogne (October 11, 2017), La liste des 136 parrains de Laurent Wauquiez L'Opinion.
- Olivier Faye (November 21, 2018), Laurent Wauquiez dévoile (enfin) son « shadow cabinet » Le Monde.
- Nicole Vulser (17 April 2021), La colère des artistes-auteurs ne faiblit pas Le Monde.
- Maxime Vaudano (24 July 2019), CETA : qui a voté quoi parmi les députés Le Monde.
- Emmanuel Galiero (1 October 2021), Présidentielle 2022 : Michel Barnier engrange le soutien de 51 parlementaires de droite Le Figaro.
- Constance Le Grip French National Assembly.