Constanze Angela Krehl (born 14 October 1956 in Stuttgart) is a German politician. From 1991 to 1994 she was an Observer of the European Parliament and since 1994 has been a Member of the European Parliament with the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD), part of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats group.
After Krehl received her diploma from German secondary school in 1975 in Leipzig, she studied at the Technische Universität Dresden (Technical University Dresden) and graduated in computer science in 1980.
- Since 1994 Member of the European Parliament
- 1999-2005 Member of the SPD federal executive board
- 1999-2004 Regional Chair of the SPD Saxony
- 1996-1999 Regional Vice-Chair of the SPD Saxony
- February 1991- June 1994 Observer of the European Parliament
- October - December 1990 Member of the "Deutscher Bundestag" (German Parliament)
- March - October 1990 Member of the "Volkskammer" (GDR People's Assembly)
Committees and delegations
Since 2004 Krehl has been a member of the Committee on Regional Development, furthermore she is member of the Delegation for relations with the countries of Central America and the Delegation to the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly. Until 2004 she was a Member of the Committee on Budgets and is still a substitute member. Since 2016, she has been serving as the Parliament’s own-initiative report on the EU’s space strategy.
In addition to her committee assignment, Krehl served as chairwoman of the Delegation for relations with Russia from 1994 until 1997 and as chairwoman of the Delegation to EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee from 1997-1999 and 1999-2002.
In 1998 Krehl was awarded the Federal Cross of Merit.
- Joshua Posaner (November 30, 2016), Rapporteur appointed for European Parliament’s space strategy report Politico Europe.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Constanze Krehl.|
- Official website
- Personal profile of Constanze Krehl in the European Parliament's database of members
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (German)
|This biography article about a member of the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|