From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A consul is one of a number of political officials.
- Roman consul, the highest elected office in ancient Rome
All later Consuls and Consulates are ultimately derived from the Roman ones, in particular:
- Consul (representative), a representative in one country of the government of another
- First Consul, a title used by Napoleon
- Consulate of the Sea, quasi-judicial body in Medieval Aragon
Consul may also refer to:
- The Consul, an opera by Gian-Carlo Menotti
- The Honorary Consul, a novel by Graham Greene
- The Honorary Consul (film), a 1983 adaptation of the Graham Greene novel
- "Consul", a traditional name for performing apes in the nineteenth century – see Proconsul (primate)
- Organisation Consul, 1920's German Nationalist death squad
- Consul (genus), a genus of butterflies
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Consul.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.