StepChange Debt Charity
|Founder||Vic Ware, Malcolm Hurlston|
|Services||Debt counselling and advice|
|Consumer Credit Counselling Service|
StepChange Debt Charity (formerly the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS)) is a debt charity registered in the United Kingdom. The organisation offers debt advice and money management and can be contacted through its freephone telephone helpline or online through StepChange Debt Remedy, its online debt advice tool.
The introduction of debt counselling over the telephone proved to be a success and the charity expanded throughout the late 1990s and early 2000s.
In 2014 the charity was contacted by 577,677 people seeking debt advice.
The charity's head office is in Leeds, England. There are also centres in Glasgow, Cardiff, Newcastle, Birmingham, Chester, Halifax and Limavady, Northern Ireland. In September 2015 they announced that they would be launching a service for people in the Republic of Ireland which will commence in November 2015.
StepChange Debt Charity is funded almost entirely by voluntary donations from creditors, such as Lloyds TSB, Barclays and HSBC. In the most recently published report they made no investment gain from their charity work. The charity has been successful over recent years to become the UK's leading debt advice charity, managing unsecured debt worth over £4bn.
- Mason, Tania (12 October 2012). "Debt charity CCCS to rebrand as StepChange". Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Free online debt advice in 20 minutes | StepChange Debt Remedy (CCCS)
- StepChange appoints Mike O'Connor as chief executive | Third Sector
- House of Commons - Treasury - Written Evidence
- CCCS (Consumer Credit Counselling Service) | StepChange
- Charity cuts equity release cost by £3,000 | This is Money
- Debt charity CCCS to rebrand as StepChange
- StepChange Debt Charity - new name for Consumer Credit Counselling Service
- StepChange Debt Charity Ireland to launch in November
- Our approach | StepChange Debt Charity (CCCS) – UK debt help charity
- StepChange - Our Partners