A content rating (also known as maturity rating) rates the suitability of TV broadcasts, movies, comic books, or video games to its audience. A content rating usually places a media source into one of a number of different categories, to show which age group is suitable to view media and entertainment. The individual categories include the stated age groups within the category, along with all ages greater than the ages of that category.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Media content ratings systems.|
- Motion picture content rating system
- Television content rating system
- Video game content rating system
- Content-control software
- Comics Code Authority
- RIAA's Parental Advisory (Explicit Content rating)
Legal Means of content regulation and prohibition
- "Motion Picture Association of America Film Rating System". www.mpaa.org. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Rating categories, content descriptors, and interactive elements from ESRB". www.esrb.org. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "PEGI Pan European Game Information - What are ratings?". www.pegi.info. Archived from the original on 2016-02-08. Retrieved 2016-02-11.