A content rating (also known as maturity rating) rates the suitability of TV broadcasts, movies, comic books, or video games to its audience. A content rating usually places a media source into one of a number of different categories, which tell what age group is suitable to view said media. The individual categories include the stated age groups within the category, along with all ages greater than the ages of that category.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Media content ratings systems.|
- Motion picture rating system
- Video game content rating system
- Content-control software
- "Motion Picture Association of America Film Rating System". www.mpaa.org. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "Rating categories, content descriptors, and interactive elements from ESRB". www.esrb.org. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
- "PEGI Pan European Game Information - What are ratings?". www.pegi.info. Retrieved 2016-02-11.
|This standards- or measurement-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|