From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up contention in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Contention may refer to:
- The main contention, in rhetoric and logic, the main point being argued
- Resource contention, a general concept in communications and computing, is competition by users of a system for the facility at the same time:
- Contention (telecommunications), a channel access method
- The contention ratio, in computer networking, competition that applies specifically to the number of people connected to an ISP who share a set amount of bandwidth
- Lock contention, in computer science, where a mutual exclusion lock reduces the throughput by hindering the concurrency of a program
- Bus contention, in computer design, where multiple devices on a computer bus attempt to use it at the same time
- Contention City, Arizona, a ghost town also known as Contention
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Contention.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.