Contradanza offers a different perspective of folk and traditional music by collecting various influences they manage to blend in their acoustic mixer: traditional music, flamenco, jazz, Arab music, renaissance dances. Special focus is set on the revision of traditional ballads and of Andalusian popular lyrical poems as well as on the composition of their own pieces based on the study of contemporary Spanish poetry.
- Mar de Fondo (Galileo, 2003)
- Meridional (Galileo, 2006)
- Tentenelaire (Galileo, 2010)
- Desconcierto (Live) (Etnomeridional, 2010)
- Ricardo de Castro: Acoustic guitar, mandola and voice.
- Rafa Alvarez: Accordion and flutes.
- Fernando García Conde: drums, Arab & African percussion (djembe, bendhir, darbuka...)...
- Jesus García. Fiddle and mandolin.
- Antón Ramírez: Bass.
- Carrasco, María José (14 January 2003). "Contradanza revisa la música tradicional andaluza en su disco 'Mar de fondo' [Contradanza revise traditional Andalusian music on their disc 'Mar de fondo']". El País (in Spanish).
|This article about a Spanish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|