1.3 / October 7, 2013
|Written in||Bash, Java, XML, Python|
|Operating system||XtreemOS, Linux, Debian, Ubuntu|
|License||BSD, Apache License 2.0|
Contrail  was a Cloud Federation computing project that ran from 1 October 2010 until 31 January 2014. Contrail produced open-source cloud stack software including Security, PaaS components, Distributed file system, Application Lifecycle management middleware, and SLA Management. Contrail supports OVF standard and runs on OpenStack and OpenNebula. Contrail software is a full IaaS + PaaS Cloud stack ready to implement Cloud Federations.
The most recent release is version 1.3, allowing:
- Cloud Federations 
- SLA Management 
- Usage CONtrol 
- Login over Google
- XtreemFS support
- SAML Support
- OAuth2 standard 
- Virtual infrastructure Network (VIN)
- Virtual Execution Platform (VEP) 
- Single Sign On (SSO)* Cloud federations*PAAS*IAAS*
- Authorization Server
Contrail is partially funded by the FP7 Programme of the European Commission under Grant Agreement FP7-ICT-257438.
- Cascella, Roberto; Morin, Christine; Harsh, Piyush; Jegou, Yvon. "Contrail: a reliable and trustworthy cloud platform" (PDF). In Proceedings of the 1st European Workshop on Dependable Cloud Computing, p. 6. ACM, 2012. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Carlini, Emanuele; Coppola, Massimo; Dazzi, Patrizio; Ricci, Laura; Righetti, Giacomo. "Cloud federations in contrail" (PDF). Euro-Par 2011: Parallel Processing Workshops. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2012.: 159–168. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Coppola, Massimo; Dazzi, Patrizio; Lazouski, Aliaksandr; Martinelli, Fabio; Mori, Paolo; Jensen, Jens; Johnson, Ian; Kershaw, Philip. "The Contrail approach to cloud federations" (PDF). In Proceedings of the International Symposium on Grids and Clouds (ISGC’12). 2012.
- Cascella, Roberto G.; Blasi, Lorenzo; Jegou, Yvon; Coppola, Massimo; Morin, Christine (2013). "Contrail: Distributed application deployment under SLA in federated heterogeneous clouds". Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 7858 (The Future Internet book 2013): 91–103. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-38082-2_8.
- Blasi, Lorenzo; Jensen, Jens; Ziegler, Wolfgang (2014). "Expressing Quality of Service and Protection Using Federation-Level Service Level Agreement". Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 8374 (Euro-Par 2013: Parallel Processing Workshops): 146–156. doi:10.1007/978-3-642-54420-0_15.
- Anastasi, Gaetano F.; Carlini, Emanuele; Coppola, Massimo; Dazzi, Patrizio; Lazouski, Aliaksandr; Martinelli, Fabio; Mancini, Gaetano; Mori, Paolo. "Usage Control in Cloud Federations". Cloud Engineering (IC2E), 2014 IEEE International Conference on: 141–146. doi:10.1109/IC2E.2014.58.
- Kershaw, Philip; Jensen, Jens; Stephens, Ag; van Engen, Willem (2013). "Exploiting OAuth 2.0: from User Delegation for OGC Services to a Generic Federation-as-a-Service Solution for Federated Identity Management". In EGU General Assembly Conference Abstracts. 15: 10841. Bibcode:2013EGUGA..1510841K.
- Harsh, Piyush; Jegou, Yvon; Cascella, Roberto G.; Morin, Christine. "Contrail virtual execution platform challenges in being part of a cloud federation" (PDF). Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Jégou, Yvon; Harsh, Piyush; Cascella, Roberto G.; Dudouet, Florian; Morin, Christine. "Managing OVF applications under SLA constraints on contrail virtual execution platform" (PDF). Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- Versweyveld, Leslie (30 October 2012). "The Contrail project is proud to present its first complete set of interoperable Cloud federation tools". isgtw.org. Archived from the original on 17 October 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
|This software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|