||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Number of locations
|36 offices across the globe|
Control Risks is a global risk and strategic consulting firm specializing in political, security and integrity risk. Operating from 36 offices, the company’s primary services include anti-corruption audits, consultancy and training, eDiscovery, political risk analysis and a broad range of security and crisis management support.
Control Risks was formed in 1975, as a professional adviser to the insurance industry. As a subsidiary of insurance broker Hogg Robinson, Control Risks aimed to minimize their exposure to kidnap and ransom payouts. The company expanded its capabilities when these crisis management and incident response specialists were joined by political and security risk analysts, before becoming independent in 1982 following a management buyout.
Control Risks formed a joint venture with International SOS in 2008, and through this partnership provides travel security services and advice to clients’ business travelers and expatriate employees. In 2010, Control Risks launched an eDiscovery offering to support organisations with complex, multinational litigation issues.
The company has continued to expand and has 2,000 employees, operating from 36 offices and with a presence in more than 100 countries and cities including; Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam, Baghdad, Beijing, Berlin, Bogotá, Copenhagen, Delhi, Dubai, Hong Kong, Houston, Islamabad, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Kabul, Lagos, London, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Moscow, Mumbai, New York, Paris, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, and Washington, DC.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Control Risks' consultancy support is broken down into four core risk areas: integrity, security, political and cyber.
Services provided include design and delivery of corruption prevention programs, undertaking transaction related due diligence and agent screening, managing whistleblower hotlines and conducting investigations into allegations of malfeasance.
A team of political risk analysts provides assessment of how political risk issues impact business at the global, regional and country level through bespoke client report work and the subscription services Country Risk Forecast and PRIME.
Services provided include threat assessment, embedded consultancy, security design, travel security and executive protection and emergency crisis management and incident response.
- "The murky world of hostage negotiations: is the price ever right?". The Guardian. London. 25 August 2014.
- "Iraq security firm joins bidding for Wall Street's favorite detective agency". The Guardian. London. March 13, 2010.
- "International SOS and Control Risks form joint venture". International SOS. 7 March 2008.
- "Control Risks Group Holdings Limited: Private Company Information". BusinessWeek. 2011. Retrieved 7 June 2011.
- "Cracking Crime in Brazil" by James Wygand, GM of Southern Cone, CRG in São Paulo, Brazil, July 2000.
- Philip Alcock, Senior Consultant, Crisis Management at CRG, "How to Handle A Crisis"
- Letter from Sir James Adams of CRG to the UK Parliament, June 30, 1998
- British Victim of Baghdad Bomb Named by PA News, May 25, 2004
- "Study Finds London Top Target for Terrorist Attack" by Jo Mazzocchi,ABC: The World Today, November 12, 2003.
- "Diplomatic guards may quit in Baghdad pay row" Liz Chong and Richard Beeston, The Times, May 27, 2006