Control unit (disambiguation)
A control unit (CU) is a central, sometimes distributed but clearly distinguishable, part of a mechanism that controls its operation, for example in a computer or a motor vehicle.
Control unit may refer to:
- Control unit, a component of a computer's central processing unit
- A special area of a prison that is used to keep prisoners in solitary confinement (also called a "segregation unit")
- Another name for a Controller (computing)
- Multipoint control unit, a device commonly used to bridge videoconferencing connections
- Packet control unit, performs some of the processing tasks of a base station subsystem
- Premises control unit, the "brain" of a burglar alarm
- Telecommunication control unit, a device attached to a computer multiplexer channel which supports multiple terminals
- Camera control unit, typically part of a live television broadcast "chain"
- Electronic control unit, an embedded system that controls electrical systems in a motor vehicle
- Control car (rail), a non-powered railroad vehicle that can control operation of a train
- Control (disambiguation)
- Controller (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Control unit.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.