Global Media Group
|Industry||Print Media, Radio broadcasting, Telecommunication|
|Daniel Proença de Carvalho (CEO), Luis Montez, Rolando Oliveira, Jorge Carreira, Vítor Ribeiro, José Carlos Lourenço.|
|Products||Newspapers, Radio, Television, Internet|
|Owner||António Mosquito Mbakassie, Joaquim Oliveira, Luis Montez, Banco Comercial Português, Banco Espírito Santo|
History and profile
Controlinveste was founded in 2005 after the amalgamation of Lusomundo Media and Olivedesportos.
In 2013, Controlinveste was sold partly inter alia to Angolan investor António Mosquito Mbakassi (27.5%), representing a group of investors from Angola. The other parts were sold to Luís Montez (15%), Banco Comercial Português (15%) and Banco Espírito Santo (15%). Founder and owner Joaquim Oliveira keeps the remaining 27.5%. The deal included all of its print media and a radio station, which are Diário de Notícias, Jornal de Notícias, O Jogo, Açoriano Oriental and TSF, focusing uniquely on its major asset, Sport TV.
On 17 December 2014, Controlinveste unveiled their new identity as Global Media Group and officially took the new name on 12 January 2015.
- Comunicado Notícias 25 March 2014
- EXPRESSO - Impresa Publishing S.A. "Mosquito e Montez formalizam entrada na Controlinveste". Expresso. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- Paulo Resendes (2 December 2012). "Joaquim Oliveira na FC Porto SAD passa a ser via Olivedesportos" [Joaquim Oliveira in FC Porto SAD via Olivedesportos]. Futebol 365 (in Portuguese). Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "Controlinveste assume acordo com angolanos". Expresso. 19 October 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "Oliveira vende Controlinveste a grupo angolano". Diário Económico (in Portuguese). 18 October 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "Conheça a origem da nossa nova marca". Global Media Group (in Portuguese). 17 December 2014. Retrieved 12 January 2015.