|Comune di Controne|
St. Mary's church
Controne within the Province of Salerno
|Province / Metropolitan city||Salerno (SA)|
|• Mayor||Nicola Pastore (Lista Civica)|
|• Total||7 km2 (3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||210 m (690 ft)|
|• Density||120/km2 (320/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Donato, St. Nicola|
|Saint day||August 7, December 6|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2010)|
In 2015 Mayor Nicola Pastore issued an ordinance stating that dogs are not permitted to bark between 2pm and 4pm, the period of Italian napping, and during evening hours.
The town is situated in the middle of Cilento, by the western side of the Alburni mountains, and its territory is part of the Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park. The municipality has an area on 7 km2 and is bordered by Altavilla Silentina, Castelcivita and Postiglione. Lesser than 1 km in south of it are located the Castelcivita Caves, by the river Calore. Nearest places are Castelcivita and the village of Canneto, 4 km in the north.
- (in Italian) Source: Istat 2010
- "Italian town bans dog barking during naptime" (Archive). The Local. 22 July 2015. Retrieved on 8 August 2015.
- The municipalities of Cilento National Park
- (in Italian) Bean of Controne official website
- (in Italian) Sagra of Controne (infos on the municipal website) Archived 2013-12-03 at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Controne.|
- (in Italian) Municipal site of Controne