Convention of Baptist Churches of Northern Circars
|Convention of Baptist Churches of Northern Circars|
Baptist World Alliance
|Founder||Thomas Gabriel and the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec|
|Congregations||Quirk Memorial Baptist Church, Visakhapatnam|
|Ministers||Chetti Bhanumurthy, Mutyala Theophilus, A. B. Masilamani, Chetti Devasahayam, S. E. Krupa Rao, Lella Prakasam, Chetti Daniel,|
|Missionaries||Muriel Carder, Jessie Rosser, E. L. Quirk, J. I. Richardson, A. D. Matheson, Waldo Penner|
|Hospitals||CBM Bethel Hospital, Vuyyuru, Andhra Pradesh,
CBM Christian Medical Centre, Pithapuram, Andhra Pradesh,
CBM Ranipeta Eye Centre, Parlakhemundi, Andhra Pradesh,
CBM Serango Christian Hospital, Serango, Odisha,
CBM Star of Hope Hospital, Akiveedu, Andhra Pradesh
|Secondary schools||Timpany School, Visakhapatnam|
The Convention of Baptist Churches of Northern Circars (CBCNC) is a Christian denomination in north coastal Andhra Pradesh founded in 1874 which was ecclesiastically separated on linguistic basis from the Canadian Baptist Mission founded by Thomas Gabriel along with the Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec. In the postcolonial era, the Canadian Baptist Mission was erected into four ecclesiastical societies based on linguistic basis,
- among the Kui speaking people,
- Kui Baptist Association,
- among the Odiya speaking people,
- Utkal Baptist Mandali Sammiloni,
- among the Telugu speaking people,
- Convention of Baptist Churches of Northern Circars,
- among the Soura speaking people,
- Soura Baptist Association,
From 1947 to 1972, the Convention of Baptist Churches of Northern Circars was managed effortlessly in spite of difficulties. During 1972, crisis brew in the Convention leading to irreparable damage. M. B. Diwakar researched on the crisis with the title, An Investigation into the historical antecedents of the crisis in the CBCNC during 1972 to 1974. Due to the crisis, the Churches established by the Canadian Baptist Mission continued to move forward due to the congregational type of structure. However, the central leadership is not in place as there are many fractions of the Convention, each claiming to be the rightful successor and the matter continues to be subjudice. In the successive years', the Canadian Baptist Ministries have continued to support the Medical and Theological Ministries through the Hospitals and the Theological institutions.
The following are the existing institutions which continue to be financially supported by the Canadian Baptist Ministries,
- Medical, managed by the Council of Christian Hospitals, the medical wing of the CBCNC
- Ministerial and technical
- National Council of Churches in India (NCCI) member Churches Member List Archived January 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine., National Council of Churches in India
- Baptist World Alliance member bodies. Member Bodies Archived 2005-09-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- Mary Stillwell McLaurin, Chetti Bhanumurti in John Craig, J. R. Stillwell, I. C. Archibald, A. E. Baskerville (Edited), Some of the Trophies: Canadian Baptist Foreign Mission Board Jubilee Volume, Telugu Trophies – The Jubilee story of some of the principal Telugu converts in the Canadian Baptist Foreign Mission in India from 1874 to 1924, American Baptist Publication Society, Toronto. 
- baptistene.info Archived 2011-07-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- Kui Baptist Association
- Utkal Baptist Mandali Sammiloni
- Soura Baptist Association
- M. B. Diwakar, 'An Investigation into the historical antecedents of the crisis in the CBCNC during 1972 to 1974 in Thesis Titles, Board of Theological Education of the Senate of Serampore College, Bangalore, 1991.
- 2001 (2) ALD 215, 2001 (2) ALT 190. . 2003 (5) ALD 218 . 1992 (2) ALT 715 . 2007 (1) ALD 385 . 2002 (6) ALD 503 
- Further reading
- Rao, N.Surya  (1984). "The History of the Theological Training Institute at Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh 1882–1964. Unpublished M.Th. thesis, United Theological College, Bangalore".
- Jeremiah, D. J. (1990). "The Relationship of the Baptist Churches in Andhra Pradesh to the Church Union Movement in South India since 1919. Reflections on Theology Today: Papers Presented by the ACTC Faculty during the Academic Year 1988–89 on Theology and the Mission and Ministry of the Church, Andhra Christian Theological College, Hyderabad".
- Sunanda, G. Beaulah Pearl (1990). "An Insight into the History of the Canadian Baptist Mission in Andhra Pradesh (1874–1924). Unpublished M.Phil.(History) Thesis, Madras Christian College, Madras".
- M. B. Diwakar (1977). "An Investigation into the historical antecedents of the crisis in the CBCNC during 1972 to 1974".
- Senftleben, Martin (1992). "Influences of Hinduism on Christianity in Andhra Pradesh. Unpublished Ph.D. thesis, Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati" (PDF). I.
- __________________, (1992). "Influences of Hinduism on Christianity in Andhra Pradesh. Unpublished Ph.D. thesis, Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati" (PDF). II.