|Traded as||NYSE: CVG|
|Headquarters||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States|
Number of locations
|Andrea Ayers (President/CEO)
Mona Popine(Director of Operations)
Claudia Cline;(Exec VP/General Counsel)
Michael L Wooden (CCO)
Marjorie Connelly' (COO)
|Products||Infinys Rating and Billing (IRB), Dynamic Decisioning Solution (DDS), ICOMS, etc.|
|Revenue||$ 2.046 billion (2013)|
|$ 28 million (2013)|
|$ 117 million (2013)|
|Total assets||$ 2.038 billion (2012)|
|Total equity||$ 1.372 billion (2012)|
Number of employees
|125,000 (Mar 2014)|
Convergys Corporation is a corporation based in Cincinnati, Ohio, that sells customer management and information management products, primarily to large corporations. Customer management products include agent assisted, self-service and care software tailored to the communications, financial services, technology, retail, healthcare and government markets. Information management provides convergent billing and business support system (BSS) products and services including revenue management, product and order management, and customer care management to telecom, utilities, and cable/satellite/broadband service providers. They have approximately 125,000 employees across 31 countries.
The company grew from Cincinnati Bell Information Systems and MATRIXX, both subsidiaries of Cincinnati Bell, and AT&T Solutions Customer Care (formerly AT&T American Transtech), which was sold to Cincinnati Bell in 1998; an IPO in August 1998 made it a fully independent company. Since then, Convergys' headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, has acquired numerous companies.
On 22 March 2012, Japanese technology firm NEC announced it would buy the Information Management Business of Convergys for approximately $449 million. In 2012, Convergys Philippines, 8 years after its entry into the country established 18 centers with 26,000 employees in all, was named “BPO Employer of the Year” at the annual International ICT Awards.
On January 6, 2014, Convergys and Stream Global Services announced entry into a definitive merger. Under the agreement, Convergys will acquire Stream for a total enterprise value of $820 Million in cash. On March 3, 2014, Convergys completed the acquisition of Stream creating the 2nd largest BPO provider in the outsourcing industry. The merger brings their total employees to approximately 125,000 with 150 centers in 31 countries supporting 47 languages.
- "Convergys, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Feb 21, 2013" (PDF). secdatabase.com. Retrieved Mar 28, 2013.
- "Convergys, Form S-1/A, Filing Date Aug 12, 1998". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Mar 28, 2013.
- "Convergys, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Mar 9, 2010" (PDF). secdatabase.com. Retrieved Mar 28, 2013.
- "Convergys, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Mar 22, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Mar 28, 2013.
- CIO.COM website NEC to acquire Convergys Data Management Business. 22 March 2012. Visited: 3 April 2012
- "Convergys named BPO 'employer of the year'". ABS-CBN news. 2012-04-20.
- Official website
- Convergys at Google Finance
- Convergys SEC Filings
- Convergys - Stock Quote
- Convergys, Deloitte face £8m unfair dismissal suit - TelesensKSCL ex-staffers in class action. The Register
- Software giant set to shed jobs in Capital, The Scotsman
- Convergys Call Center Agents Overtime Pay Class Action Lawsuit Complaint