PC World said "It works as a news aggregate as well as a question/answer forum for its myriad of topics"; according to MIT Technology Review, it had "the polish and responsiveness that most new sites of its ilk lack."
In January 2012, Convore pivoted into Grove.io, with a focus on providing services for businesses, and touting as a core feature that it was based on IRC. The imminent closure of the Convore service was announced on their own website and on Twitter in February.
In October 2016, Grove.io announced that they were closing down, and recommended users to use Slack as a replacement.
- "About Convore - Convore". Archived from the original on 2 April 2014. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- Kennedy, Jason (2011-04-18). "Social Media Treats: Convore and SoftCity". PCWorld. Retrieved 2011-05-08.
- "New Chat Thing Convore Is Google Wave Minus the Suck". Technology Review. Retrieved 2011-05-08.
- "Convore is reborn as Grove.io, a chat service for businesses". Gigaom. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- "Convore Shutting Down April 1st". Convore. Archived from the original on 2012-12-08. Retrieved 2012-12-08.
- "Convore Shutting Down April 1st". Twitter. 2012-02-20. Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- "Closing up shop". Grove.io. 2016-10-10. Retrieved 2016-10-28.