Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Born||October 28, 1895|
|Died||March 28, 1972(aged 76)|
|Occupation||Botanist, historian of science|
- The Beginnings of Plant Hybridization (1935)
- Death of a Science in Russia, the Fate of Genetics as Described in "Pravda" and Elsewhere (1949)
- Evolution, Marxian Biology, and the Social Scene (1959)
- The Evolution of Biology (1964)
- Zirkle, Conway. (1935). The Inheritance of Acquired Characters and the Provisional Hypothesis of Pangenesis. American Naturalist 69: 417-445.
- Zirkle, Conway. (1936). Further Notes on Pangenesis and the Inheritance of Acquired Characters. American Naturalist 70: 529-546.
- Zirkle, Conway. (1941). Natural Selection Before the 'Origin of Species'. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Association 84: 71-123.
- Zirkle, Conway. (1946). The Early History of the Idea of the Inheritance of Acquired Characters and Pangenesis. Transactions of the American Philosophical Society. 335: 91-151.
- Zirkle, Conway. (1947). The Theory of Concentric Spheres: Edmund Halley, Cotton Mather, & John Cleves Symmes. Isis. University of Chicago Press (on behalf of The History of Science Society) 37: 155-159.
- Zirkle, Conway. (1952). Early Ideas on Inbreeding and Crossbreeding. In Heterosis, edited by John W. Gowen, 1-13. Iowa State College Press.
- Zirkle, Conway. (1958). The First Recognized Plant Hybrid. Journal of Heredity 49: 137-138.
- Zirkle, Conway. (1959). Species Before Darwin. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society 103: 636-644.
- Zirkle, Conway. (1964). Some Oddities in the Delayed Discovery of Mendelism. Journal of Heredity 55 (2): 65-72.
- Romijn, Peter; Scott-Smith, Giles; Segal, Joes. (2012). Divided Dreamworlds?: The Cultural Cold War in East and West. Amsterdam University Press. p. 38. ISBN 978-90-8964-436-7
- Joravsky, David. (1960). Evolution, Marxian Biology and the Social Scene by Conway Zirkle. Isis. Vol. 51, No. 3. pp. 348-353.
- Quotations related to Conway Zirkle at Wikiquote