|Population||220 (shared with other localities in the "State Suburb of Coobowie") (2011 census)|
|LGA(s)||Yorke Peninsula Council|
|Region||Yorke and Mid North|
Coobowie is a town in the Australian state of South Australia near the south-eastern tip of Yorke Peninsula. Coobowie was proclaimed in 1875. Coobowie comes from an Aboriginal word meaning "wild fowl water". At the 2011 census, Coobowie shared a population of 220 with other localities. Coobowie's current outlook is to create many new features, including a new visitor information pull in being built.[according to whom?] The cafe also has a florist. Coobowie is an aging community, and because of this, there is a large real estate market currently, with very low prices.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Coobowie". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Search result for "Coobowie (Locality bounded)" (Record no. SA0015219) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and Localities" and " Place names (gazetteer)"". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "Coobowie, South Australia (Postcode)". postcodes-australia.com. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "Yorke and Mid North SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- "Goyder electorate boundaries as of 2014". ELECTORAL COMMISSION SA. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Federal electoral division of Grey" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Monthly climate statistics: Summary statistics Edithburgh (nearest station)". Commonwealth of Australia , Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "New Ward Structure 2014". Yorke Peninsula Council. Archived from the original on 15 January 2016. Retrieved 21 October 2015.
- Primary Industries and Regions South Australia (PIRSA) (2007), Aquatic Reserve: Coobowie (PDF), Primary Industries and Regions South Australia
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|