Looking east on Cook-Yankeetown Road towards US Highway 62 in Cook, Ohio
|Elevation||909 ft (277 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1070722|
Cook is an unincorporated community in Madison Township, Fayette County, Ohio, United States. It is located at Coordinates: , along Cook-Yankeetown Road (Fayette County Highway 34), just west of its intersection with U.S. Route 62/State Route 3.
The community has the name of Matthew S. Cook, an original owner of the town site. The Cook Post Office was established on January 20, 1885, but was discontinued on March 31, 1933. The mail service is now sent through the Mount Sterling branch.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Cook, Ohio
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '06. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2006, 80.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 34.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Cook Post Office
|This Fayette County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|