Cook Out (restaurant)
"Cooked Outdoors Style"
|Genre||Quick service restaurant|
Greensboro, North Carolina
|Headquarters||15 Laura Lane Suite 300 Thomasville, North Carolina, 27360|
|Products||hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, Carolina-style barbecue, and milkshakes|
Cook Out is an American privately owned fast food restaurant chain in North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Mississippi, and Maryland. Founded in Greensboro, North Carolina in 1989, the chain has since expanded and now has drive-thru restaurants in over one hundred cities. The chain itself has grown in size with many locations now spread throughout Virginia. Their menu includes grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches and North Carolina barbecue.
The company opened its first out-of-state store in Spartanburg, South Carolina, on July 30, 2010. Cook Out opened in Clemson and Orangeburg, South Carolina, in 2010. At the very end of 2011, Cook Out opened restaurants in Columbia, South Carolina; Blacksburg, Virginia; and Radford, Virginia. In March 2012, Cook Out opened its first location in Lynchburg, Virginia, and shortly thereafter in Harrisonburg, Virginia. 2013 saw new Cook Out locations in Georgia, and in 2014, there are plans to launch several more Georgia Cook Out locations. In 2016, Cook Out expanded into the state of Mississippi with stores in Oxford, Jackson, Hattiesburg, and Starkville, and the company's first Alabama location, located in Tuscaloosa, opened in 2016 as well. A second Alabama location, in Jacksonville, opened in July 2017.
- "Could This North Carolina Fast Food Favorite Be The Next Five Guys?". Food & Wine. December 4, 2017. Retrieved December 26, 2017.
- "Cook Out Restaurant Raleigh-Garner-Durham -Review of Cook Out Restaurant Raleigh-Durham". raleighdurham.about.com/. Retrieved 1 October 2013.
- http://www.livjones.com/2011/09/cook-out-restaurant-menu-of-burger.html Cook Out Restaurant, Greensboring.com
- "Cook-Out to crank up its first grill in Spartanburg". GoUpstate.com.
- "Business Booming at New Cook Out in Lynchburg". WSET.com.
- "Cook-Out rolls into Rome cook out is opening a store in Easley SC by the end of December 2015 or very soon after in 2016". ToneToATL.com.
- "New restaurants coming to 15th Street". TuscaloosaNews.com. Tuscaloosa News.
- Thornton, William (July 17, 2017). "Cook Out now open in Jacksonville". AL.com. Retrieved July 18, 2017.