Cookham Dean is served by two pubs, Uncle Tom's Cabin and The Jolly Farmer, a restaurant called The Mango Lounge (opened late 2016) at the Chequers and a hotel/inn called The Sanctum on The Green. There are no shops in the village following the closure of the Post Office Stores some years ago. There is an additional pub, The Bounty, on the river bank with access only by foot and open in the summer and winter week-ends.
Cookham Dean has a site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and local nature reserve on the eastern edge of the village, called Bisham Woods. It neighbours Cookham Village, Marlow, Furze Platt and Pinkneys Green.
- Peter Barnes, show producer, set and lighting designer
- Wendy Craig, actress
- Kenneth Grahame, author
- Ulrika Jonsson, television presenter
- Hugh Massingberd (childhood), journalist and genealogist
- Ed Robinson, Sky Sports presenter
- Keke Rosberg, Formula One driver
- Jim Rosenthal, television presenter
- Ralph Thompson, wildlife artist
- Chris Rea, Singer
- Tim Brooke-Taylor, OBE English comic actor
- Ari Vatanen, rally driver
- Markku Alen, rally driver
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cookham Dean.|
- "Magic Map Application". Magic.defra.gov.uk. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
|This Berkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|