Cookies 'N' Beans
|Cookies 'N' Beans|
Two members of Cookies 'N' Beans in 2013
|Members||Frida Öhrn |
Cookies 'N' Beans are a Swedish country music group consisting of Frida Öhrn, Linda Ström and Charlotte Centervall. The girls started the group in 2003 and in 2007 the group released their first coveralbum Tales from a Trailor Trash Soul. They participated in Melodifestivalen 2009, the Swedish national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in Russia, with the song "What If", and again in Melodifestivalen 2013 for the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö, with their song "Burning Flags". The group's fourth album, The First Steps, was released on 13 March 2013. The group has also appeared on several Swedish television shows such as Allsång på Skansen and Lotta på Liseberg singing their songs after appearing in Melodifestivalen the first time in 2009.
They started the group in 2003 and in 2007 the group released their first cover album Tales from a Trailor Trash Soul which consisted of the group's favourite country music songs. In 2008 Cookies 'N' Beans won the Swedish country music championship in the genre "Alternative country". Later in 2008 they appeared on the tribute album of Leonard Cohen, Cohen – the Scandinavian Report with the song "First We Take Manhattan".
The group participated in Melodifestivalen 2009, the Swedish national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 held in Russia, with the song "What If", written by Amir Aly, Robin Abrahamsson and Maciel Numhauser. They sang in the second semifinal in Skellefteå on 14 February and placed fifth, not progressing to the Melodifestivalen final in Globen, Stockholm.
They also participated in Melodifestivalen 2013 for the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 held in Malmö, with their song "Burning Flags" written by Fredrik Kempe. They sang the song in the first semifinal in Karlskrona on 2 February and got enough votes to progress to the "Second chance" round of the competition. During the "Second chance" round they ended up in seventh place, yet again failing to make it to the Melodifestivalen final.
On 9 March 2010 Cookies 'N' Beans all appeared in the singing television show Så ska det låta on SVT. And on 24 March the same year the group released their second music album, Beg, Borrow and Steal. In 2012 the group released their third album, Go Tell The World.
The group's fourth album, The First Steps, was released on 13 March 2013. Cookies 'N' Beans in 2010 appeared on Lotta på Liseberg, broadcast on TV4. In 2012 the band appeared on Allsång på Skansen on SVT.
- 2007 – Tales from a Trailor Trash Soul
- 2010 – Beg, Borrow and Steal
- 2012 – Go Tell the World
- 2013 – The First Steps
- "Cookies´N´Beans" Poplight. ( language - Swedish) Archived 31 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Så ska Cookies N Beans slippa en ny femteplats i Melodifestivalen" (language - Swedish. SVT, 2 February 2013
- Ekdahl, Pernilla (21 NOVEMBER 2012). "Cookies n Beans satsar stort". skanskan (language - Swedish)
- Country SM. Countrysm.se. (language - Swedish)
- "Ljuvt och bittert med Cookies N Beans" Archived 1 August 2013 at Archive.is. (language - Swedish) succeblekinge. 25 May 2013 (language - Swedish)
- "Lyckat för Kempe i Medlodifestivalen - Cookies ´N Beans gick vidare". Sveriges Radio, 3 February 2013 (language - Swedish)
- "Cookies N Beans – Burning Flags" ( language - Swedish)
- Kal Martin, "Cookies N Beans hos Lotta i kväll". Expressen (language - Swedish)
- Höjdpunkterna från veckans Allsång på Skansen. SVT.se (language - Swedish)
Media related to Cookies 'N' Beans at Wikimedia Commons